Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me choose kitchen appliance

Posted by sunflower1160 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 19:59

Hello everyone,
I am so glad that I found this forum. Here is my question. My husband and I are getting ready to build our home. We are in the budgeting phase. I had my heart set on a Sub Zero side by side refrigator and freezer. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the price point. Our builder suggested we look at Thermador or Samsung. What are your thoughts? Are these good brands? or there others we should look at? Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me choose kitchen appliance

Depends on why you want a subzero. If you want dual compressors (i.e. different compressors for fridge and freezer) only subzero and Liebherr have them. Liebherr is considerably cheaper than subzero, and generally has a good reputation. I am still deciding between the two brands myself.

o

I have had the monogram built-ins in my past 2 homes. I love them. Had them paneled, and we love the water/ice in the door. The only downside for me was that it is not truly integrated and flush, with the protrusion being about 2.5" including the wood panels (which are solid like our cabinets).

I liked the flush integration of the unpaneled sub zeros, but I am a best bang for the buck sort of shopper. I could not wrap my brain around the difference in price, and knew I could do a lot more with the money than put it in a fridge system that was not going to make a significant difference in my life. However, if full integration was at the top of my list, I would have gotten sub zeros.

o

happy liebherr owner..had it over a year and half and no problems mechanically.
they did have to reset the doors so they close and wound up putting on new gasket..fine since then
we have 36" FD hcb2062

very very quiet - we are a fam of 5 and have no issues with space in frig. freezer drawers on small size, but we have a freezer in basement, so for us not really an issue

we love the frig!!!

we also looked at subzero and miele saw prices and moved on, just couldn't justify price...
ours is paneled, fully integrated so this limited our choices..
would buy again...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here