New Appliances at the KBIS 2014

whirlpool_trainee
10 years ago

Check them out! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: KBIS 2014 Coverage

Comments (9)

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Interesting.... the new Viking ranges come with 23K BTU front burners. The BTU race is on... They also have a speed oven and french door oven.

the Bosch Benchmark line is interesting, but is definitely positioned in the market at a higher price point. Some of the items seem to be in that unexplored middle ground between mainstream and higher end. I do like the clean finishes, for a very modern but somewhat industrial kitchen.

Interesting that the 30 inch fridge is the only one that offers a panel ready version. But they are just as pricey as the rest. The new CD FD freestanding fridges are sharp, but seemed priced at a premium as well.

Anybody been at the show? Seen anything else interesting?

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

The Viking 7 Series burners look like the Thermador burners. Raised sealed burners but in donut instead of star shape.

After Capital, Bluestar and American Range going to 25k btu open burners what is the point?

• alex9179
    10 years ago

I wish they had gone true zone-less for the induction. It will be interesting to see what diameter the bridged hobs will accommodate. I'd like something that will handle my BIG skillet and sauté pan at the same time.

• whirlpool_trainee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That Viking TurboChef wall oven looks impressive but the price tag of $12,599... phew!

Seen anything else interesting?

Samsung released a bunch of new appliances at the CES called Chef Collection and the "world's largest" washer and dryer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chef Collection

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

alex, how big is the bottom of your big skillet?

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Frigidaire introduced a new Gallery line. The oven offers a quick pre-heat function. They are also playing up their new smudge-resistent stainless finish. They also have an all fridge/freezer model that switches temps at a flick of a switch -- not sure if this is a usable feature.

Electrolux also has new fast-cycle DW. 30 minutes

Dacor also introduced a bunch of products; Dacor has a line of connected appliances. If you thought electronic control panels were an issue, these are WiFi connected and have integrated tablets(?). They also have an induction cooktop.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Frigidaire fast pre heat

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

The oven offers a quick pre-heat function. They are also playing up their new smudge-resistent stainless finish.

My oven has this feature too and it's always made me curious. Why would anyone choose NOT to use "quick pre-heat"?

• akl_vdb
    10 years ago

My Elux induction range has rapid preheat, but it's only good for one rack cooking.

• alex9179
    10 years ago

SJ- They're both 10", so not super huge. I suppose the 11 & 9 inch hobs would accommodate them? It would be so cool to arrange the 2-3 pots according to my comfort instead of someone else's layout, but I have a limit on how much I'll pay just to get my way, hahaha!