Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
capital culinarian - problem with oven lock

Posted by mangiamo (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 19:29

Tonight for the second time my oven locked (lock indicator light on, door wouldn't open). First time this happened was about a week ago. I thought that perhaps I had somehow moved the latch by accident and this caused it to be jammed. Tonight the oven had been in use so I don't think it was something I did. Luckily both times I was able to pry open enough to get my fingers in and move the latch over to unlock. I have a service technician booked to come and take care of my simmer adjustment and will have him take a look. Has anyone else experienced this with their culinarian?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: capital culinarian - problem with oven lock

You should call Capital first thing in the morning, Explain your problem so Capital can send your service tech a new latch, that way he can fix both problems during one visit.

o

Thank you Trevor

You're very kind to respond so promptly. My service tech is associated with the distributor (Integrated Appliances) here in Toronto. I will notify my dealer's Customer Service to contact the distributor to notify the service tech. I know it sounds like "I know an old women who swallowed a fly" but so far customer service has been very good. Hopefully I will be able to post soon that everything is working perfectly. As a PS, thank you for all the videos. They were very helpful when I was deciding which range to buy.

o

Hi everyone. It was suggested by a fellow Capital range owner that on occasion if the oven knob is turned to self clean then quickly turned back, that the lock will engage and then shortly thereafter release again. I will still discuss with the service tech but thought I would mention this.

o

Yes, this issue started happening on our larger oven about 3 months ago, just a few times here and there, but then this week it's been 2-3 times. Not usually associated with flipping to self-clean accidentally -- at least not recently. Will call Capital as directed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here