Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladydredre

Kenmore Fridge with Grab-n-go - anybody have feedback?

ladydredre
12 years ago

I saw this refrigerator at sears the other day and really liked the idea of the 'grab-n-go' mini door - does anyone have any feedback on this model or any model with this feature, or kenmore in general? We are doing a full kitchen remodel and like many I am a little confused at the start of my search. Thanks!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04672063000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenmore Elite 31 cu. ft. French-Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator, Stainless Steel

Comments (5)

• ladydredre
    Original Author
    12 years ago

here's a (pretty lengthy) video i found also that shows what the grab n go thing is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAc8pss3R4Y

Here is a link that might be useful: video showing the grab n go feature

• Ann Scheley
    12 years ago

I have a kenmore elite Model # 795.7103. Have had it about 6 months and love it. We had side by side before and never had enought freezer space now we have tons. Like everything about it.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Check with your Sears sales person and find out which manufacturer makes this refrigerator for Kenmore--usually it's Whirlpool, Samsung or LG. Then you can better narrow down how the appliance will perform based on the manufacturer's other refrigerators. Also check to make sure you don't have to open the refrigerator doors to get anything bigger than 6" out of the freezer compartment. It looks cool, but really, what is the advantage--you're still opening the door to get something out. What is the upcharge for this grab n go vs. the same refrigerator without it?

• weedmeister
    12 years ago

I remembber sxs fridges that had this same kind of feature. There issue was that the extra hole was not very energy efficient.

• christine40
    12 years ago

That feature is really cool! But the video made me laugh, does she really spend all day in a dress and heels in the kitchen! :)