Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adamdoc_gw

DCS infrared broiler question

Adam F
10 years ago

Hi all. So, we love our 48" DCS range with 6 burner/griddle configuration. We have the non self-cleaning model with the infrared broiler. My issue/concern is that I can't seem to get the broiler to do what I think a broiler should do (read: I'm not using it correctly).

My main issue is that it seems like the broiler surface is quite small - only in the center of the top of the oven. If I want to put the top rack close to the broiler, I can only broil food that is in the center of the rack. Is that normal? I wonder if I am supposed to move the rack farther away, and then more area of the rack will be usable for broiling... Most recipes don't assume an infrared broiler, so I am not sure if I should adjust rack height.

On the other hand, it does get very hot, but on my attempts to use it so far, I have overdone steaks in the center, and not cooked ones on the outside... By the time I am done rearranging, they're all ruined. I did try to cook 6 large steaks at once, which may have been a bad idea ,but the gigantic oven made me feel like I could use the entire rack surface...

Anyway, I guess I am wondering what is normal, and if anyone has any tips for using the DCS infrared broiler in the 48" range.

Thanks!

Comments (2)