Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Oven

Posted by chickenwhisperer (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 18:56

In case anyone is looking at a Bosch Wall oven, be forewarned:

I have a Bosch single wall oven, model HBN3450UC, installed in May of 2012. In short order, grease began to build up between the two glasses. One Bosch representative responded with "not under warranty because the problem is cosmetic, not functional." I asked to have a superviser contact me but even after two follow up contacts with this person, no supervisor has responded. I mailed a letter to the address on the Bosch website given as the contact address; however, the letter has been returned to sender. I called my appliance dealer and was told that it will cost $300.00 to clean between the glasses. He mentioned that this problem occurs randomly. He also was going to ask the Bosch Rep to contact me. As of this date, I've heard nothing. The oven is not a year old, there is no warranty on the problem, and Bosch appears to be unconcerned that I will have to spend a good amount of money to clean up their mistakes. i will not recommend that anyone install any Bosch product because this company does not seem to care about the quality of their products and particularly does not express concern over their customers' satisfaction. I have been trying to resolve this since late December, 2012. So far, this company stands firm on its claim that the problem is cosmetic and it is caused by "condensation and grease build up during cooking." AVOID BOSCH.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Oven

Chickenwhisperer - BTW I like the name
I found Bosch to be one of the better companies I work with. While I'm not sure about your conversation with them, I know that they do pay for these claims on a goodwill nature because I've been sent out to do calls that wern't covered by warranty but Bosch picked up the tab.

Call Bosch back and just tell them your door is not sealing and you need a service call. Nothing more nothing less. Then have a service tech come out and check the door. The tech should be able to do a full check out for you and take care of your issue and Bosch will pay them.

Almost all manufacturers ovens use airwash to keep the doors cool. which means the door has to be vented. Sometimes a customer may spill something or cook something excessivly smokey and draw the smoke through the door. you do need to be carefull about these situations. However on the Bosch products I've worked on they seem to be better than most on keeping this from happening.

As I started with Bosch is one of the companies I recommend because I've seen the help they provide.
Just get a service call set up. You can tell them the display is not working or something else but get the tech to your home.

o
RE: Bosch Oven

Bosch made it? Find a large trash can and place the unit inside, then go buy a real, SERVICEABLE appliance.
You could take the door apart and clean the glass yourself, but you'll probably wish you'd just went ahead and bought a new one when you're done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here