Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free standing built in fridge

Posted by rheamav (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 18:53

I am building a home and my architect has drawn space behind the fridge for an option of using a free standing fridge. I do want a built in fridge but wonder if there is such a thing as a high end free standing built in fridge. Something that is both tall and deep that can take a cabinet panel and look truly built in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free standing built in fridge

A refrigerator is either a built in, as in it MUST have cabinet sides and sit on a cabinet, or a free standing as in it sits on it's own little roller feet and can be rolled in and out to clean behind. You can have a paneled front freestanding one, but putting panels on it doesn't make it look built in. It's like those houses which only brick the front. It doesn't fool anyone at all that it's a brick house. Even some "built in" ones aren't fully integrated looking, which is what most people think of when they think of a built in refrigerator. A very common situation these days is just putting side panels on a regular old stainless steel freestanding fridge. For most people, unless you're doing a 100K kitchen, that's a fine look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here