Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf, Blue Star, Miele, Bosch, or Thermador

Posted by mara11 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 18:22

We're remodeling our kitchen and are considering some combination of Sub Zero/Wolf, Blue Star, Thermador, Miele, and Bosch for the following suite of appliances -

36" Gas Cooktop (preference for more burners with higher btu burners)

30" Double Wall Ovens

Microwave Drawer

36" Integrated Ref/Bottom Freezer (leaning toward french door)

Panel Ready Dishwasher

Also, we'd like a built-in kegorator (Beer Dispenser) - for this I've looked at Summit, but any advice is welcome.

We cook and entertain a lot and want hard working appliances that will last, but design is also very important to us - the kitchen will have sleek modern cabinetry so we prefer clean lines and we'd prefer to have as much integrated into the cabinetry as possible.

Any suggestions and personal experience would be welcome, especially for those who have purchased appliances in the last few years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf, Blue Star, Miele, Bosch, or Thermador

We also are just starting our remodel, and entertain a lot. Partly due to some great deals on purchase price we got from a local dealer, we have so far gone with GE Monogram pro DF range, GE Advantium wall Oven (240V 30") and will try to grab a deal on Bosch DW. 500 series if we can't get a deal on an 800 series. You're on your own for the kegorator. Good luck and post what you do.

o
RE: Wolf, Blue Star, Miele, Bosch, or Thermador

We love our Miele paneled DW. It is super quiet, and I love the cutlery tray and interior organization. Truly integrated into cabinetry with concelaed mechanics when door is closed. I love my Wolf DF range, and I believe the sealed burner rangetop is similar to mine. It has plenty of BTU's for what we do, and I am an avid cook/baker. I use the small burner alot (about 325 BTU)and it is a very nice feature with a pot on all day. Like you, I purchased my appliances a la carte so I could focus on the best of each, rather than a common brand. Almost 7 years later, and they are all working great! Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here