Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Capital oven damaged on delivery

Posted by pacificcoast (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 18:18

I bought a Capital wall oven in January, and it was delivered in mid-February. I paid extra for indoor delivery. When the freight company delivered it, there was no obvious external damage that I could see. However, it was unpacked in such a way that I couldn't open the oven door, as there was a styrofoam base under the oven. When the installer came the next day, he noticed that the glass bottom (that covers the bake element) was broken, and the oven framing (the part that is screwed in to the cabinetry) was bent at the lower left corner (the installer thought the oven had clearly been dropped on that corner). The repairman, who came several days later, replaced the glass but thought the oven hinge and receiver were bent. So far, it has not been installed. The store I ordered it from offered me $500 for my frustrations, but I have asked for a replacement. I don't think I should have to accept damaged merchandise, even if they will pay to repair it. Am I being unreasonable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Capital oven damaged on delivery

I do not think you are unreasonable at all. I have an issue with my Culinarian Rangetop. I noticed the damage several weeks after. Product is still attached to the pallet and is covered in the stretch wrap. I had removed the box at the time of delivery and cut away part of the stretchwrap in the front to check the front panel and drip tray area as a quick initial inspection upon arrival. When the granite guys came recently to take measurements and I had read a previous thread about others that had issues with the gaps around the drip tray I then probed around and noticed the damage.

I contacted my dealer and they told me that as long as I had the original box and packaging that it would be replaced. Without the carton it could only be treated as a repair. I did not throw away any packaging until I knew an appliance was installed and working.

o
RE: Capital oven damaged on delivery

Thanks for your support. I still have the box and packing material. Waiting to hear from the dealer. I'll post what happens next.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here