Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliance Rebates

Posted by NYC-Guy (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 9, 12 at 18:18

While researching appliances, I've noticed all the manufacturer rebates expire somewhere between the end of Feb and Mar. Given that it is the slow part of the year for them, will they not offer the deals again until next winter, or is it like when I shop for a Dell computer where there's always a deal to be had.
I don't want to miss the window of opportunity.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliance Rebates

We bought our appliances, KA dishwasher, Samsung FD fridge & Bluestar range, on Memorial Day weekend of 2010.
Our rebates totaled something like $800.
While I'm no expert, I'm inclined to say that there's always some rebate program going on.

o

I bought a number of appliances in March and April the year we remodeled, and got rebates on all of them. I'm currently waiting for another E'lux rebate to buy new laundry equipment. If you are willing to be patient there will always be another rebate. :-)

Cj

o

good to know. :)

o

There's always another rebate, BUT don't let rebates sway you into buying a suite of inferior products just because they have rebates. It's rare to find a manufacturer who makes great everything, and you are much better off picking each product individually for it's features and then trying to find the best price for it rather than being stuck with a crappy appliance just because you could get money back for purchasing it.

o

Expect rebates, and sales generally, tend to cluster around holidays. So Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and whenever other holidays happen along.

Totally agree with live_wire_oak that its best not to be duped into buying a collection of any one brand's stuff, since invariably that brand seldom makes the best products (especially if they're offered with a group-based rebate).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here