Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dishwasher help

Posted by steve0403 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 18:00

I am trying to reroute my dishwasher hose. I am wanting to go through the floor under the floor and back up under the sink which is about five feet away. Then I plan to come up loop above the garbage disposal and hook up to garbage disposal. Two questions, one....is this good, two...how hard is it to knock out the discharge knockout of garbage disposal while it is already installed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dishwasher help

If you can run the hose through the back of your cabinets it would be more typical. I'm not sure if there is a code against running through the floor but if it is your only path then I don't see a problem as long as you make a high loop before attaching it to your disposal. I know for sure that you cannot run the hose through a wall by my local code. I have a dishwasher that is about 5 feet away from a sink as we'll. I purchased a 10ft dishwasher hose online. I recommend doing this instead of coupling 2 hoses. By the time you make your high loop and go through the floor, the 10ft hose should be perfect. I can't answer the question about the disposal knockout.

o
RE: dishwasher help

The knockout for the disposal is easy as long as you can easily get a screwdriver into it so that you can tap it out with a couple of good taps. It will land into the disposer and you'll usually have to retrieve the piece from the sink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here