Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I buy Wolf 36" electric oven floor model?

Posted by JAM_SF (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 17:24

I am just about to order my cabinets which includes keeping a perfectly fine Thermador 30" convection oven, but it is almost 9 yrs old. Budget was the main concern, I was going to purchase a new 36" Thermador gas cooktop to go above it, and my cabinet maker set it up so that it looks fine.
I just saw a floor model of the 36" Wolf electric oven (L series, I presume since E is only made in 30") on final sale closeout for 2699.00. I know this is a steal, but it was not in my budget.
My concern is that I completely remodel my kitchen and then my 30" oven goes out and I will spend $$ repairing it.
Would you splurge and switch to the Wolf 36" oven, and I could switch my cooktop to the Wolf 36" gas. This will be the only oven in my kitchen, and I do use my oven regularly.
Many thanks for your opinions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I buy Wolf 36" electric oven floor model?

I would take the time to read the posts about the "Recent" chipping problems with the porcelain used in the Wolf ovens, before making any decision!

Gary

o

I have read those, but am not sure how widespread the problem is and I don't really bake any higher than 425-450. I also read that Wolf replaced those ovens, so that would be more than satisfactory to me if that were to happen, but I do understand the concerns.

o

I just rented a condo in Kauai with a Wolf 36" L series wall oven and the interior was chipping in the front corners. Also a 36" oven takes longer to preheat. Just something to think about.

o

Thanks for that input, very helpful....Would any of you be concerned about how old my thermador oven is (even though I"m happy with it) and whether it might break right after remodel? What do repairs cost on a 30" oven? If it was 500, that would be fine. I would be very bummed if it was over 1K and I passed up an oppty to get a brand new oven.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here