Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Floor model Capital Precision range -- should I bite?

Posted by mabeldingeldine (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 17:09

When refrigerator shopping, the helpful salesman told me that another store will have a Capital Precision 30 inch range available in the next week or so for less than half price.

While I'm not all that fond of my current range, it was not in the replacement window since I am having a hard time finding a fridge that will work in my old house/small kitchen.

Is this the deal of a lifetime? While we recently added an exterior duct to add a vent, we haven't finished the installation and currently have a 600 cfm microhood in place, ready to connect to the vent when we finish.

Should I bite? I was thinking in the future of a 36" range, possibly the 2 oven Verona range. Will I need to immediately connect the vent? Will I have to immediately replace the microhood? Most importantly, is this the deal I will forever regret if I pass it by?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Floor model Capital Precision range -- should I bite?

30" Capital Precision models range in price from $3.4k-$6k.

Which exact model is it and what is the exact price?

Whithout knowing specifics it is hard to say.

o

It is the 30 inch Capital Precision GCR305L. I have not seen it yet, hope to Saturday but we are having freezing rain overnight, so I may not make the drive.

He said the price would be about $1600, possibly less.

o

The Verona for $3.5k or the Capital for $1.6K?

The large oven in the Verona is 2.4 cu ft. I think too small to be really usefull.

Both have 5 burners. Capital the 25k btu wok burner while Verona has a 16k btu power burner.

I think the only real advantage to the Verona is more cooktop space to maneuver mulitiple wide pots.

I would inspect the Capital and short of major dings or scratches buy it. And buy a Breville XL Smart oven .8 cu ft or Cadco Half Oven 1.75 if you really want that secondary small oven.You get the best of both worlds;a large gas oven and a small electric oven

Your current hood is 600cfm? I think that is plenty for the Precision.

o
I bit, she's all mine

photo.JPG

It was in perfect shape, only a few fingerprints. I am sure she will be superb. I took my big skillet and 3 quart pot into the store with me, and they fit with room to spare.

o

Congrats and Enjoy!

BTW I was thinking in terms of 12+ quart stock pots and two burner griddles :)

o

One of my complaints with the current range was that my 12" skillet and 3 qt. pot would not fit on the two left burners, front and back, thus my thinking I'd expand to a 36" range.

This cook surface is much roomier front to back, those 2 pans fit easily. AND it is gorgeous. I can't wait to fire it up once it is delivered next week. I am sure my big canner will heat a lot faster on that center burner! Thanks for the encouragement.

o

wow! if its about $1600 or so with no dents or scratches, that is an amazing deal! Congrats.

o

Congrats, mabeldingeldine. It looks like you snagged a beautiful bargain! Many happy sautees in your future.

o

Thanks :-) Is it bad that I keep clicking over to Flickr to look at my pics?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here