Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele owners: Diff btwn Diamond and Dimension Plus in reality?

Posted by akcorcoran (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 16:45

Hi - I've done some pretty extensive researching and calling and think we're going to take the Miele plunge. We know we want the Auto Opening feature to help dry our plastics (and that the Dimension plus secretly has that feature though it's mentioned nowhere but the operating manual.)

I wanted to ask the practical differences between the Diamond and Dimension Plus to make it worth $700 more?

Ruling out LED lights (cool, but not necessary for us) - are there settings that would really help our family? The only thing I noticed was an "express" feature on the Diamond but are the rest programs that I'll never use.

We are a family of four that loads the dishwasher and typically hits Normal and Start. (have jet dry and all that jazz, just don't go crazy with the programs.)

And for China and Crystal, we have a Bosch going in our wet bar which is where all the china and crystal lives.

So, looking at the chart, I'm thinking the fully-integrated Dimension Plus unless anyone can give me a really good reason to move up the latter? I love Diamonds (they are my birthstone!) but would spend that $700 elsewhere. :-)

Attached the Miele Comparison chart!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele owners: Diff btwn Diamond and Dimension Plus in reality

The Diamond include the Miele 5 year warranty, which is worth $250. I know the racks are similar between the Diamond and Dimension Plus, but I'm not sure if they're exactly the same.

o

Also, some people in here with the previous La Perla model say they use the Sensor Wash most of the time, since it automatically adjusts the wash time based on how dirty the load is. It does this by using a turbidity sensor. The Diamond has this sensor wash, the Dimension Plus does not.

o

fauguy, thanks for the info. It's so hard b/c it's hard enough to find one Miele to see, much less compare them side by side. I appreciate your insight - thx!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here