Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Hey Zartemis - Did U See Ur Pic on the Capital Facebook Page

MichelleDT
12 years ago

I recognized the pic before reading the article!

Here is a link that might be useful: Zartemis on Capital Facebook Page

Comments (8)

• zartemis
    12 years ago

Thanks, I don't do facebook myself (bummer you have to 'log in' if you scroll too far down the page). Hope more folks get inspired to use their rotisseries.

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    12 years ago

Zartemis.... Used the fire basket for the first time today, we did whole trout and for the second marinated ribs.

Ribs were first class, the trout was over cooked (my fault) but very even and tasty. We also received the kebab attachment today also I just need to make a little adjustment then we will try that.

You have certainly inspired me. When I make some new videos all credit will given to you... Many thanks

• zartemis
    12 years ago

Thanks, Trevor. Your comprehensive videos and website were a big help when we were deciding on a purchase.

You wrote: We also received the kebab attachment today also I just need to make a little adjustment then we will try that.

Gotta drill the spit holes bigger, eh? :-)

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Surely there must be a way to do jalapeno poppers on the rotisserie.

I'll work on it. oh wait, I can't, there are always people in my house that's for sale looking at it only to decide it's too small....oh, do I seem a little bitter?

Could someone else work on this for me?

• zartemis
    12 years ago

Ya know, the CC spit is not very long, it really doesn't need to be that beefy. That size is usually reserved for much longer spits. If they made a thinner spit it would be compatible with more off-the-shelf accessories (tumble baskets, etc) without modification. Trevor, maybe you can pass the word to Capital?

A thinner spit would be easier to impale food on, as well.

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    12 years ago

You got it "drill the ends out a little." Capital uses the same spit as they do on the large 50" + BBQ for outside use.

I guess its a cost thing right now one spit does 2 jobs, but I will suggest they offer accessories or thinner spits.

• zartemis
    12 years ago

beekeeperswife!

Would making one of those popular popper grilled cheese sandwiches make the bitter better (random foodblog version below)?

FYI: I read that you can roast onion-type things with the skin on in a rotisserie basket and then just squeeze out the innards like you do with roasted garlic. All easy-peasy-like. Um. No. It sorta works. It's hard to tell when they are done. And then it's harder to 'squeeze out' or peel them roasted than it would be just to peel first and roast regular, no rotisserie needed.

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Zartemis--are those the wheels in your head turning I hear??

This weekend's experiment and challenge has been decided. Of course, showings #75, 76, and 77 are already scheduled, with more requests on the way undoubtedly. I wonder if anyone wants to come see the house during the Superbowl. Perhaps they want to have a bowl of chili, or some of my rotisserie poppers and sit on my sofa with us...grrrrr

bitter bitter bitter