Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele, Bosch vs Kitchenaid Dishwashers

Posted by diab123 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 16:38

So have narrowed down dishwasher choice to these three brands. Knowing that Miele and Bosch are highly regarded---how does it work out to not have the hard food disposer nor heated drying? Those who have used both please let me know what you think.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele, Bosch vs Kitchenaid Dishwashers

I had both heated drying and and the 'automatic food grinder' on my last dishwasher. I found the heated dry to be unnecessary so I had stopped using it, and the food disposer would oftentimes finely grind up the food and then throw it back all over everything in the dishwasher. I would never get another model with an automatic food disposer.

I have a Miele now with condensation drying and no food disposer. I couldn't be happier. It dries the dishes without fail (of course plastics take longer), and if I open the door for a while after it's done, the plastics dry more quickly. The Miele has an extremely easy way to clean any leftover food particles out, and it doesn't have to be done very often. The model I have alerts the user when it needs to be cleaned. I continue to be amazed every time I open the dishwasher when it's finished to find immaculate 'everything.' I never knew I could 'love' a dishwasher until I got the Miele! :)

o

Hard Food Disposer-- Miele and Bosch have a filter and almost all modern dishwasher detergent is enzyme based not phosphate based. All you do is scrape your plates and the enzyme takes care of most of the left over food. What is left is on the filter is worked on by the enzymes. Sometimes it dissolves over time but every once in a while you clean the filter. Every 3-12 months depending on how you well you scrape your dishes and how often you use your dishwasher.

See link below for good discussion on heated dry vs convection dry.

I now have a Miele La Perla II and would never go back to American type dishwasher. When federal regulations allowed phosphates and unregulated amounts of energy and phosphate use American type dishwashers worked very well too. That is really no longer the case. They have to use tiny food disposer motors to meet energy star standards and use far less water to meet federal standards too.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o

There really needs to be a tutorial on using google to search gardenweb. It seems like everyday there is a new thread that is a complete rehash of something already addressed.

I was able to turn up the following threads with a simple search. I am sure there are plenty more that can be found with a few minutes of searching.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg1113574728621.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg051626045310.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here