Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thoughts on these refrigerators - side by side

Posted by mamattorney (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 16:16

We will be purchasing a new fridge tomorrow. I wanted a french door, but the ones I really wanted were just too expensive for me. I'm looking to spend $2,000 or under including tax, installation and extended warranty. The French Door options were coming in at $2,500 and I just don't want to spend that. I've narrowed it down to the following:

KitchenAid KSF26C4XYY
Whirlpool WSF26C2EXY
Maytag MSF25C2EXSS
Maytag MSD2559XEM

Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on these models? I know that all side by sides basically look and function the same, but it's the things you can't test in the store - noise, ice maker, water/ice dispenser that make me nervous. I eliminated several Whirlpool models because of ice maker/dispenser complaints.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thoughts on these refrigerators - side by side

Have you tried looking at Home Depot and Lowes? Or Sears outlets? We bought our FD Samsung fridge last year at Lowes and it was just about 2000 with some discounts...And check Presidents' day sales, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here