Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electric range with double ovens-recommendations?

Posted by jigg (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 14, 10 at 15:59

Although I would love to have a separate cooktop and ovens, we don't have the space. So, I have decided the best solution is one of the electric ranges with a double oven (not a warming drawer). I have been researching quite a bit, but most of these ovens seem to get really mixed reviews; high professional rating and low user ratings.
My questions are, if you own one of these, what do you think? What brand/item #, likes and dislikes, reliability, how long you have owned it, customer service issues, etc? Whatever information you feel like sharing I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electric range with double ovens-recommendations?

I'm in the same place.... not enough room to do the double oven and cooktop. I've got to make my decision this week and have about decided on the GE Cafe Electric range. It has double ovens. I would love to hear from a user of this oven. Maybe bumping this to the top will get some responses.

o

The just announced electrolux induction slide-in or the Sears version are worth some study with posts in this forum and a rebate or 30% off day at Sears Feb 21 6-9pm.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Induction range

o

I'm going to buy a gas Maytag Gemini, not electric, but my recommendation would be get a range with the small oven on top. Most users report they use the small oven 75%+ of the time, so it makes sense to have that oven on top. Good luck.

o

I have the GE Profile double oven electric range. I've had it for about a year. No problems with it at all. We use the smaller oven most all the time. For large meal gatherings, I use both ovens. The upper oven preheats very quickly and seems to be very accurate. It is really spacious for cookies, cakes, casseroles, pizza. (I also love the bridge burner and will never buy another range without that. I also use the warming burner a lot. It will simmer on high setting.)

o

stayn2busy, I posted this message in the Kitchens forum as well and one of the posters gave a thorough review of a GE Profile PB970SPSS. gini2 do you know if this is the model you have as well?
Thanks for all the input!

o

I have this one. I see Sears has a newer version, though for about $200. more.

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Profile Double Oven range

o

That Sears sales I mentioned is a friends and family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here