Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best all-electric slide-in or free standing range

Posted by GalleyRat (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 2, 12 at 15:59

Hi again,
I currently have a freestanding Frigidaire convection smoothtop with warming drawer that I love. Since I'm getting new counters I figured this would be the best time to replace my 10+year old range,but I would only be replacing it for the granite cutting to fit appliance situation, not because I really need a new range. I really do like my current range, but my next one will either be that GE Cafe freestanding that looks like a slide-in or an actual slide-in. Should I do this now or can I wait until the oven poops out? I wasn't sure how they go about changing a granite counter (which I'll be installing now) from freestanding TO slide in, or if it's a big or little deal.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best all-electric slide-in or free standing range

ummmm sorry, I forgot that I was also asking your opinions on your fav electric range, too.

o

I would love to have a slide in range but the only one that fits our budget is the electric Frididaire FGES3065. Does Frigidaire have a good reputation for electric ranges? Would it be better to stick with a stand alone to get better quality for less money?

o

We just got the GE 30" slide-in with the induction cooktop and convection oven. It is flat-out amazing to cook on compared to our old KA flattop electric. Superfast responsiveness, wider range of heat than electric or gas, HUGE oven, plus a warming drawer. Not to mention being able to place paper towels under the pan while you cook, to catch spills and spatters.

I would never go back to electric or gas after using this.

o

Im looking to replace my GE radiant heat free standing range withe the GE induction slide in that was mentioned in the above post.

Here is a link to the GE induction:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0915421110796.html?48

o

The important information is contained in the measurements for the slide-in installation instructions. Also consider your backsplash which will run to counter level behind the range. If you have deep counters there may be a segment behind the range.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here