Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range Hood with this Rangetop?

Posted by gardyloo (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 12 at 15:41

We're a few weeks until tear out and I realized we haven't figured out the range hood yet.

Money is getting tighter, so I'm curious what you folks think of this Cavaliere hood.

The rangetop mfr recommends a 850 CFM hood, this one is 900 CFM with 4 speeds, and the sone rating indicates it's quiet. We like the style.

We only have room for a 36" so I'm glad the baffle filter surface is so wide.

Here's the rangetop: http://www.dacor.com/Our-Products/Categories/Cooktops/Distinctive-Gas-Rangetops.aspx

Here's the possible hood: http://www.cavalierehoods.com/products/Cavaliere-AP238%252dPS31%252d36-Wall-Mount-Range-Hood.html#!prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/2/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range Hood with this Rangetop?

43db to 68db is the sound rating on this. The two low speeds won't be that noisy. Setting 3 will be around 62 db, that is hard to talk around but won't impede your body language. 68db is loud, but not mind numbing.

In my experience, all hoods are quiet on low and 900 cfm should be quiet. The extraction and size are also good for this rangetop.

That being said, any hood with 6 inch duct will be noisy IMO

o

Thanks for your comments aprince. We're looking forward to a decent cooktop. We think most anything will be an improvement over our current worn out microwave hood and 30 year old electric cooktop,

o

Agreed on "anything would be an improvement on the OTR microwave hood". The match between the hood and the cooktop looks good - on a practical note make sure that the ducting and external ventcap is installed to the highest standard. Excessive noise from range hoods is generally as a result of bad ducting - to small, to many bends or restricted due to installation short cuts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Range Hood Ducting

o

Good point jackals. Our GC crawled into the attic a few weeks ago to look at several things and said the roof vent on our one level home is in an optimum location: almost a direct line to the range hood. It'll have a very slight angle, but no turns.

o

Excellent - all the best with the reno

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here