Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kfpwvt

Steam (only) oven recipes/ideas

kfpwvt
11 years ago

I have a Miele steam oven I've had for about 6 months. I love it. I do a ton of steamed veggies, steaming potatoes for mashed or potato salad, some reheating (seems more worth it if reheat a lot - I still use the microwave for one plate reheated but have used the steam and it was great when we did several individual plates of leftovers warmed for a meal). I've also steamed tortillas and steamed bread (to heat/soften not making it). For the veggies the great thing is I haven't overcooked my veggies since I got it -- nice that it is timed, shuts down, then keeps warm without over cooking. I think I'd love one of the steam/convection combos though as I like to do roasted veggies a lot and I bet a mix of roast and steam would be pretty nice for that.

But I'd love more ideas for how other people use their steam oven. I've seen some ideas on steamed eggs -- I have to try that seems like it would work well when cooking for a crowd.

Any steam only (as opposed the wolf steam/convection) recipe sources other than the Miele web site? I cannot seem to find any other sources.

I keep wanting to try steaming fish -- but we keep throwing the salmon on the grill as I know we all like it that way. I have done chicken breast for making chicken salad (for eating hot I'd roast or grill my chicken).

Comment (1)