Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Range Advice - Have Double Oven already

Posted by charles3ct (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 14:53

Okay - I have researched and thought about this and I am looking for some advice.,

First of All - we have in place already a double oven it is a Wolf as we are ok with the ovens although everything has its pluses and minuses.

We are also in the middle of a remodel in the kitchen and are going to place the new range in the island - Our kitchen is about 400 Sq ft - just about a 20X20 in size.

My wife has already gotten used to have a 3rd oven that exist in a smaller GE Profile Range which is not in the island at all., So we would need the 3rd oven to exist somewhere - either as the range bottom or a separate oven placed somewhere in the kitchen.

Also in place - is a 54 inch hood with 1200 CFM fan - which is installed and in place custom built into the ceiling.

Now what to place under this hood in the question -

We could go with the wolf or some other brand - personally I would not mind a little color into the kitchen - the Cabinets are a light cream.

As this would be a 3rd oven in the house we would prefer it to be all gas - I have also toyed with the idea of a stand alone larger range with the island extended behind it.(hard to explain) or perhaps the range with a cabinet only on one side.

Price is not a particular concern - would like to keep it under 15K but would go beyond that for something spectacular. My goal is for something that looks great but also is very reliable.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Range Advice - Have Double Oven already

Ge Profile range is 30" while 54" hoods are for 48" ranges.

Do you want a 30",36" or 48" range?

48" ranges have tow ovens, one standard and one small.

o

I would be looking at a 48inch range yes

I know then I would end up with 4 ovens lol

o

OR perhaps my other option is a 48" rangetop and then an additional 30" oven somewhere.

o

BlueStar Platinum Series BSP488B

~$10k plus any color and finish options.

New 25,000 BTU PrimaNova Burners
Features new 25,000 BTU PrimaNova burners.
Plus 22,000 BTU UltraNova burners.
18,000 SuperNova burner.
15,000 BTU Nova burners.
130°F simmer burner.

Interchangeable Griddle Charbroiler
Cast-iron interchangeable griddle charbroiler system allows for dual zone cooking with up to 40,000 BTUs of heat on four unique surfaces.

New PowR Oven
New PowR Oven provides 40% faster preheating and 30% increase in oven efficiency.

Accommodates Full-Size Commerical Baking Sheet
Accommodates full-size commercial 18" x 26" baking sheet.

Convection Fan System
Convection fan system for most complete exchange of air possible.

1,850° Infrared Broiler

Full Motion Grates

5 Position Rack Slide

Color and Finish Combinations

Available in over 750 color and finish combinations with nearly infinite configuration possibilities.

The new Platinum Series can be built to suit your own unique style and cooking preferences.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluestar Video

o

I really like the interchangable option with the griddle and charbroiler - seems a great way to keep them clean as well.

o

A couple other options to consider. Gaggenau has cooktop components from which you can pick and chose (Vario series), e.g. induction, gas, grill, griddle, etc. If one of the existing ovens is not a steam oven a gagg or wolf combi steam oven could be a nice addition.

A more classic choice could be a Lacanche range which has some models with warming cabinets - a feature you might not already have (potential sizes based on your range hood 43-55") so not your standard US size. You can chose gas or electric ovens.

I have neither these but am shopping for a range and leaning toward a Lacanche.

http://www.gaggenau.com/us/category/cooking
www.frenchranges.com

o

Bluestar 36 RNB and a drop-in induction hob, a full power 3.5KW one (Cooktek). Great for boiling water quickly, great with Cast iron, so braising and simmering is consistent and efficent. Best of all worlds, 36" gas Oven, 22K burners and an effecient induction with the equalivent output of a 31K burner . . . . that simmers just as good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here