Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Microwaves - Help Us Choose

Posted by gardyloo (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 14:24

So we're very close to ordering the oven and microwave for The Big Remodel.

We're getting a wall stack, but the oven and microwave will be separate components, along with a microwave trim kit. Over the years with our existing kitchen, we've gone through 3 microwaves in the same time we've had one oven. So if they're separate, if one goes out, we won't have to replace the "set", just need to be sure a replacement fits in the same cutout. There's only a couple hundred dollar difference.

We're getting the Bosch 800 series wall oven.

Trying to decide between the 500 and 800 series microwave. The 500 series is listed as having larger capacity ; the 800 has convection. But the regular oven already has convection, so I don't see that as a requirement.
I've attached a link showing comparisons. Could anyone take a look and tell us what you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch Microwave Comparisons

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Microwaves - Help Us Choose

In our recent total kitchen remodel, we added the Bosch 800 built-in with trim kit. We also have a Wolf DF range. We use the Bosch as a 2nd oven when having dinner parties and also for cooking smaller items that I wouldn't want to heat up the big oven for. It's been so nice having this second oven. For us, if you only have one regular oven, it's a no-brainer to go with the micro with convection option.

o

Hi-Just curious about which microwave you chose. We just ordered the 505 double wall oven and I think the 800 series microwave. Have you been happy with your choices? Do finishes match up? Take care!

o

I just did a bosch kitchen, everything Bosch EXCEPT the Microwave. I think the Bosch microwaves look cheesy and not well integrated,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here