Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slide in Range Clearances

Posted by aloha2009 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 14:22

I had wanted a slide in range but when I realized how much they stuck out in the room, we opted (on paper) for another solution.

When I thought of deepening the base cabinets though, it came across to me that I would be able to recess the range some (not all). How much space do you currently have behind your slide in range (assuming 24" base cabinets)? How much does just the door and handle stick out on your slide in range?

If I can recess the range another 2-3" inches I think I may opt for the range opposed to a countertop and wall oven.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slide in Range Clearances

I'm not sure what you mean by 'they stick out'. The control panel will stick out since that is how they are designed. But the door won't necessarily stick out any more than any other oven, depending on design. That is, the oven carcass should be flush with the cabinet carcass (without doors). Depending on your cabinet design, the oven door should be flush with the cabinet door.

o

Here's mine (it's an E'lux slide in). It sticks out ~3" from the edge of the counter, and it's meant to, you can't recess it any further. The handle does not jut out any further than the top. I really doen't find it significant, but if your space is at a premium YMMV.

Photobucket

o

IIRC, the Elux installation shows how to knotch out the countertop so that the oven will slide farther back.

o

Yes, you are correct weedmeister, I just looked up your old post on the subject. I guess I never realized my range was installed wrong! So aloha, it could actually go back a couple more inches.
Not sure what I would do about it now, six months after reno done. Also not sure I want to notch my counter out specific to one range (do they all have this)?

o

Co-Co, can you provide a link to that old post? I just searched for an hour with no luck.

Thanks,
Gary

o

Here you go:

Here is a link that might be useful: GW E'lux install help thread with good info from Weedmeister

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here