Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyjill_gw

How about Jennair? What is your experience?

Pattyjill
11 years ago

They are offering a fabulous deal. I don't know much about it so now I'm on a research mission. Thanks for your feedback.

Comments (8)

• M4rtin
    11 years ago

What deal ?

• Pattyjill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If I purchase the built in frig with the cooktop & oven I will receive the DW and vent for free! A savings of about 3K. Not sure I want all Jennair though. Any experience with it?

• Pattyjill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The deal is: Purchase a built in frig and oven and you get a DW for free as well as the vent system. About 3K savings. Just not sure about the Jennair brand.

• herring_maven
    11 years ago

Pattyjill: "Just not sure about the Jennair brand."

Maytag purchased both Amana and Jenn-air a long time ago, and made Jenn-air the premium version of the Maytag/Amana lines (just as Acura is the premium Honda and Lexus is the premium Toyota and Infiniti is the premium Nissan). Whirlpool purchased the KitchenAid brand from Hobart some years ago, and made KitchenAid the premium version of Whirlpool.

Then Maytag/Amana was purchased by Whirlpool; there was some (nearly complete) duplication across product lines. Whirlpool's solution: shut down the Amana/Maytag factories; bulldoze all vestiges of Amana and Maytag in Iowa; fire all the workers, and raid the pension plan for bonuses for the Whirlpool execs . The company is all Michigan now.

Jenn-air now is rebadged KitchenAid. Except for styling, KitchenAids are Jenn-airs and Jenn-airs are KitchenAids.

• lee676
    11 years ago

and of course KitchenAid itself is just rebadged Whirlpool.

Jenn-Air = KitchenAid = Maytag = Whirlpool nowadays.

• lee676
    11 years ago

and answering your question, it's not that amazing a deal since recent Jenn-Air products are so overpriced to begin with, being largely similar to Whirlpool items that are half the price, or Kitchenaid items that are somewhat lower priced. They seem to always be running some sort of "buy 3 appliances, get a fourth free" type deals.

• M4rtin
    11 years ago

They just ended buy 3 get dishwasher free in Canada.
    But when I called appliancecanada lady on phone said buy 4 jennair products and get 15% free.
    Wonder if it's a local thing or new jennair promo.

• gbsim1
    11 years ago

Double check on the warranties.
    As others have said KitchenAid is the same as JennAir. When I was looking for my fridge freezer drawers, I compared the two and they were identical with the exception of a different colored interior.
    However, the JennAir was about 200.00 more AND had shorter warranty. It was an easy decision to purchase the KA.