Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janice742

Bosch Appliances

Janice742
11 years ago

I'm getting ready to purchase new appliances. Have read positive reviews on Bosch.

Any feedback here?

It would be the 800 series:

30" cooktop
double wall oven
dishwasher

With a rebate they offer, it comes to roughly $4,300 plus tax and installation.

Comments (7)

• txjoyce
    11 years ago

We have the 500 series double oven and love it - would have gone with the 800, but it didn't come in 27". Baking is even, convection is wonderful. I've used the self clean on both ovens with no problems.

We have the 800 series dishwasher, model isSHX8ER55UC and have been very happy with it as well. I don't think it holds as much as my old Bosch, but it is extremely quiet and uses less water than others (a priority in south TX).

We have the 800 series induction cooktop and again, are very happy. Love the controls and how responsive the unit is.

Everything has been in place for about a year with no problems.

• Janice742
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your reply.

Wasn't planning on doing this - as our home is only 7 years old... but our KA oven went on us for the 2nd time, and the dishwasher is not working either. Probably a plumbing issue - not so much the unit - but we just want all the appliances to be from the same manufacturer.

• DCJersey
    11 years ago

Read around here a bit more. You'll find that most people recommend not getting appliances from the same manufacturer. It is recommended instead to pick the best appliance in each category that meets your needs. No appliance company does everything well. Then again if you are just interested in looks and not function you can go for all Bosch.

• 4eagles
    11 years ago

I have had the bosch dishwasher for over six years and have never had a problem. Still operates and cleans very well, and is just as quiet now as it was when it was first purchased. I would highly recommend their dishwasher product.

In regards to the ovens we are also looking for ovens and are debating between the 800 series bosch and the dacor discovery series. I have heard nothing but good things regarding the bosch ovens from all of the appliance stores including some high end retailers so I dont think you will go wrong with their ovens. I am leaning towards Dacor only because our retailer has one left of the old model and it is on clearance.

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

Our 800Plus model Bosch DW is three months old and I am still impressed with it. I put things in there and they come out clean, that I never would have done with any of our previous DWs. It really saves clean-up time at the sink. Very little hand-washing of pots, these days. I'm very, very happy so far. I like that third rack/cutlery tray, too.

• musky-hunter
    11 years ago

I was raised to wash dishes before putting them in the DW. I am shocked at how dirty the dishes are that we can put in our Bosch and how clean they come out. More shocking is that I expected to have to clean food from the filter regularly and after 4 months I have not had to clean it one time.

• jojo100
    10 years ago

I am also in the market for new appliances and am going with Bosch 800 series double wall oven, 30 inch induction cooktop and dishwasher. And I did not pick them because I wanted all the same manufacturer, it worked out that way due to good reviews.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner