Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ejs03_gw

Samsung 4-door fridge (RF4287HARS)

ejs03
13 years ago

Does anyone here have it? What do you think about it?

Comments (8)

• raro
    13 years ago

We just bought one. I hope its great!!!

• cotehele
    13 years ago

I have had the Samsung Quatro for about three years. It's worked like a champ. The flexibility is very helpful occasionally, but I find I tend to leave the bottom drawers on the same temps most of the time. The bottom right is fresh foods and the bottom left is regular freezer. If I had the space, I would rather have all fridge and all freezer units. I am looking for a second refrigerator/freezer as there is not enough space for my needs.

• dopeonplastic
    13 years ago

Had it about two weeks. One issue so far: There is a plastic smell from the freezer liner that is very strong and it has transferred onto some of the food (frozen pizza at least), even while still in the box. It tastes just like the freezer smells, plastic. Not good. I'm hoping it goes away soon. I put a box of arm&hammer in there.... Otherwise so far so good. For $2700 it ought to be....

Did your fridge come with a plastic thing that hangs below the shelf that would hold a soda bottle in a horizontal position? The one in the showroom had one, but the one that was delivered did not. It would be useful since the storage for tall bottles is somewhat limited in this fridge. The only two spots are were the shelf flips up (on the left and where the shelf slides back (on the right).

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

Ours has been up and running since mid-November. I have no complaints, nor did I have any plastic smell. I love the deli drawer! I am amazed at how quiet it runs.

My GC liked it so well he went out and bought one for his house.

Nancy

• nhardy
    13 years ago

I ordered one. But when it was delivered, it has too big to get through the kitchen door frame. So sad!! It had to go back!! I really wanted it because of the FlezZone drawer. It was only priced at $1650 at the Sears outlet store.

• dopeonplastic
    12 years ago

OK, the plastic smell finally dissipated (mostly) but it took the better part of 4 or 5 months. Maybe I am over-sensitive to this odor, I don't know. My wife claims to not have been able to smell it.

The only issue I have is storage for tall bottles (2 liter soda) is somewhat limited without flipping up or tucking in a shelf. I did learn though that a bottle will fit in front of the veg draws between the doors and still allow the doors to close.

• silvercanadian
    12 years ago

@dopeonplastic, sorry you had smell issues with the plastic. Did you report it to Samsung? We've had the fridge for 2 months now and I did not notice any plastic smell. I usually have a good sniffer, and it's exceptionally good at the moment since I'm pregnant (am driving the family crazy with things I smell and they don't! LOL) and there still isn't any smell to my freezer.

For taller bottles, we've been using the top left with the shelf flipped up for all the tall things. Ours didn't come with a hanging soda bottle holder like you mentioned in an earlier post.

• ratflinger
    12 years ago

We have a 3 door Samsung - best fridge we've ever had - so far!