Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
five4me_gw

calling all gaggenau combi steam and/or std oven owners

five4me
11 years ago

Hi Everyone..

I am putting together the final parts and pieces to my kitchen.. layout and appliances and wonder.. do the folks who have a gaggenau wall appliance leave them solo on the wall if they don't have a matching piece to stack?

Would you put a gaggenau steam oven on top of xxxx wall oven?

If anyone has, can you post a pic.. My options are to either go with the 24 gagg oven and put it in a 27 or 24 cabinet with my existing 24 gagg steamer or put in a 3rd party mfg under the steamer or oven under the counter..

I hope I am posting this in the right place.. appliances or kitchen.. maybe both?

Thank you

Comments (12)

• redoingit
    11 years ago

I put mine alone, as there was not another oven I wanted at the time I could stack. I also have a range (for my larger size needs). It works for us. I have the combi next to the fridge, all the cookie sheets above the combi, a drawer below it with the combi cheat wheel and oven mits, and general pan storage below that.

I probably would not put a steam oven under the counter...but did put my micro there and love it!

• attofarad
    11 years ago

five4me, if you have standard 24" deep cabinets, mounted against the wall, I'm not sure that you can mount the combi right over a Gaggenau oven. The combi installation instructions in that case say that the cabinets need to be pulled 2" forward (shimmed out from the wall) so that there is room for the hoses to go behind the oven below. That might entail a deeper panel on the end of the run of cabinets or some such. In my case, I just had the cabinets built 27" deep.

If you had something in between the combi and oven, such as a drawer, you might be able to manage with 24" deep cabinets against the wall.

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

I don't have pictures but I have a 24in combi planned above a 27in gagg conection. I used the 3 inch space to do a spice rack facing the counter. I do have deeper 30in cabinets on this run.

• decolisa
    11 years ago

I have my 27 in. Gagg combi above my 27 in. oven in a standard depth cabinet on an end-run of cabinets.

I would avoid doing the combi below the counter because a side-opening door is less convenient that low. I think that because of the drain, you can't install the Gagg combi below 36 inches.

Like redoingit, I put my microwave (really a Miele speed oven) below the counter.

• five4me
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you..
    Redoingit, I had the same exact set up in my previous house but I was getting greedy with counter space so I opted for a 24 inch wide cabinet instead of 27.
    Attofarad, we are setting up the kitchen so the cabinets are flush mounted with 26 in side panel so that we can pull out the tall cabinet out 2 inches to allow for plumbing.
    I would very much like to have either 27 or 30 inches deep cabinets on that run but unfortunately it's a small galley kitchen and I don't have enough room but I like the idea that you have GWlolo to use the extra space for something useful.
    So noone has or knows of anyone who put a wolf oven or bosch etc under their combi, huh.. guess I will go with the 24 gagg oven to match the steamer.. just concerned about the small oven size..

• eleena
    11 years ago

What small oven size? :-)

If you mean a 24" Gaggenau convection oven (not combi-steam), you might be surprised how much it can hold.

I don't remember the exact number but a good size Thanksgiving turkey is not a problem.

I have looked into this issue for a long time. I asked on this board a few months ago and *everyone* told me that Gaggenau 24" ovens were amazingly "spacious". Unless you have a very large family, bake a lot of cookies, or entertain very often, it should be plenty. Bigger is not always better and can be very wasteful (in terms of electricity).

GL!

• five4me
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Eleena.. THANK YOU.... Yes, I am talking about the oven not the combi. I have not been able to see the 24 inch oven live and in person so I have been very concerned about what I could and could not fit in there. We do not have a large family and never cook turkey. I do bake but not dozens of cookies a week. The oven definitely would have to fit a 16 inch round pizza pan which it should by what the measurements say. We do entertain but I hope that for overflow cooking the combi would work.
    Do you worry about resale and people saying that a 24in oven is too small..

• five4me
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Eleena.. THANK YOU.... Yes, I am talking about the oven not the combi. I have not been able to see the 24 inch oven live and in person so I have been very concerned about what I could and could not fit in there. We do not have a large family and never cook turkey. I do bake but not dozens of cookies a week. The oven definitely would have to fit a 16 inch round pizza pan which it should by what the measurements say. We do entertain but I hope that for overflow cooking the combi would work.
    Do you worry about resale and people saying that a 24in oven is too small..

• MidcenturyHillbilly
    10 years ago

My kitchen isn't complete yet, so forgive the clutter...

• MidcenturyHillbilly
    10 years ago

....close-up with my craptastic camera.

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    10 years ago

That looks great. I'm deciding on height right now...and have for weeks waiting for the time to install.
    Thanks for the pics.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES