Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to figure out how many cubic feet my old oven is

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 13:48

I have an old Jenn Air wall oven/microwave combo. The model # is WM2720b. I have no idea how many cubic feet it is. I suppose I could measure it inside myself but I dont know if thats an accurate way to figure it out.

I want to know so I can decide on a new gas range. I dont want to go smaller, but I dont need it to be huge either. I'd just like to get an idea of the sizes when I read about the different ranges I am considering. I googled the model # and couldnt find much.

Anyone have any tricks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to figure out how many cubic feet my old oven is

Consider that two ovens could have equal volume, and have different measurements that are important to you.

I think if you want to replicate the size you have, then measure it, and include measurements like usable height (from bottom rack position to about an inch from the broiler.

o

Can you see the models you like in person? If so, take your biggest pans to the store and see if they fit inside. It also lets you try the racks to see how easily the move.

o

Agree with above considerations. I would measure depth and width of rack. If you are going from conventional to convection the depth can be less. The actual measurement they give for the inside dimension of an oven may not have anything to do with useable space. Also look at rack spacing and dead space on the top and bottom. Is it important to fit two side by side 9x13 pans?

Not space related but I would look at light placement as some have lighting from the back or lower part of oven that makes it hard to see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here