Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch stainless steel texture/cleaning

Posted by webaileys (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 13:44

HI, first post here with more to follow...having trouble with search function being as specific as I'd like, so please, if I am redundant, just tell me where to look.
Making appliance decisions about 14 year old kitchen remodel and considering Bosch stainless steel, not sslook, dw and wall oven to go with super deal Samsung French door fridge to arrive soon. In Lowe's I actually took cleaner, with their permission and cleaned the Samsung and another. Samsung was so much smoother and I know it cleans easily. I can't get back to Lowe's for awhile due to distance, so can someone tell me how easy it will be to clean the Bosch appliances? If too troublesome I would consider black as I have and love now, but seems I've read that black is going out. I know all "modern" homes and the HGTV feature stainless.
Will post pictures, measurements, and more questions later. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch stainless steel texture/cleaning

I have the Bosch French Door Fridge and Dishwasher. I use a microfiber cloth with a little 50/50 water/vinegar mixture that I spray on the cloth. It removes the handprints and smudges. I then go over the surface with a dry cloth too.

Hope that helps!

o

I have a Bosch dishwasher & Kenmore range in SS. The Bosch finish is more "brushed", less shiny, and as such, does not mark easily. I doesn't show fingerprints at all. I think it makes it a bit harder to clean, but only it takes more grease & stuff to actually mark it. I do not clean it as often as the range, and with my SS cleaner, it's still doesn't take that much effort. I'd choose the Bosh finish over the Kenmore. Can't compare with Samsung however.

o

webaileys: "can someone tell me how easy it will be to clean the Bosch appliances?"

Welcome, webaileys.

We have had a Bosch stainless steel finish wall oven in our kitchen for twelve years. From time to time, we swipe the door with a paper towel that has been sprayed with Windex Vinegar window cleaner; we wipe with a non-sprayed paper towel. No problems -- so far.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here