Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmg67_gw

KA KUDE50CX Dishwasher

kmg67
13 years ago

Anyone know what the CX stands for in the KUDE50CX model code? Plessers has this one on for what I think is a pretty good deal right now ($889). I am familiar with the KUDE50 series but have am used to seeing SV or FV instead of CX. I've checked a few of the other online retailers and none of them have CX. Is this an older model and perhaps why this price is much lower than some of the other places?

Comments (10)

• sparky823
    13 years ago

Sears has the KUDE50CX on their site in stainless steel. Currently on sale but more than your cost. Check out the Sears site to see if it looks like the one you are considering.

• kmg67
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks I see that. maybe the CX means the controls/display are on the outside.

• weissman
    13 years ago

I went to the KA web page and the KUDE50CX is the only 50 model that they show. They have other models 40, 60, 70 etc. with different letters - you can compare the models there.

• debsflowers
    13 years ago

Please do not consider buying this model. It was installed in my kitchen 2 days before Christmas. Turns out it has a resistance type latch which is horrible. The door kept opening which obviously resulted in the dw stopping. For days I had to tape the door shut. Seems like when you pay big bucks this shouldn't happen. I obviously complained enough that Kitchenaid agreed to take back this model and for an extra $100 we were able to replace it with the KUDE60. Much better model, like night and day. The latch is mechanical, it has the culinary rack (which I love), and is extremely quiet. Supposedly 2 db louder than the KUDE50, but seems quieter to me. So far the KUDE60 is a winner in my eyes.

• bonesoda
    13 years ago

kude60 is something we are buying ... debsflowers thank you for the input i was wondering why i am not going for the kude50 and the local retailer was pushing the 60 and/or 70.

Just fyi kmg67:

the kude60 comes in various flavours:

kude60FX - classic handle
    kude60sx - water softner and has led/lcd at the front
    kude60hx - has ultra handle that is flushed with the unit

sx and hx only come in SS.

whereas the fx comes in white, black, ss and panel ready.

the kude70 only comes in fx and only available as ss and panel ready.

• bonesoda
    13 years ago

Also.. .the

KUDE50 is rated at 41dBa
    Kude60 fx/hx/sx are rated at 43dBa
    Kude70 is rated at 41dBa

Also the kude60hx has "led status display" not lcd.

• kmg67
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the info everyone. Very helpful.

debsflowers - you mention you like the cutlery rack in the KUDE60. As far as I am aware the KUDE50 that you had should have had that as well.

• debsflowers
    13 years ago

I have quite a story to tell about the culinary rack on the KUDE50. The day after Thanksgiving we went out looking for a new dw. I had done lots of investigating prior to that using various companies websites. Based upon what I read, I really liked the KUDE models. Told my husband that the culinary rack is very important as well as a VERY quiet model. Called Kitchenaid's 800 number just to confirm that the KUDE50 had the culinary rack. We were assured that it did and their website said so as well, so we went ahead and ordered it. When it was being installed, the installer opened the door and I noticed that there was no culinary rack. Called Kitchenaid only to be told that their website had a misprint and should not have indicated that it has the rack. I was fuming!! As I said in my previous post, this is 2 days before Christmas and I need a dishwasher. So we had the installer go ahead and complete the installation, but we complained about that and the poorly designed latch to KA and our local retailer. Finally KA offered us the KUDE60 at an additional $100. I should note that it took at least a month before KA updated their website to reflect that the KUDE50 does NOT have the culinary rack. Fortunately I love the KUDE60HX.

• sjb3ip
    13 years ago

i hope you consider this still on topic:
    i'm considering the KUDE series, but just read today that some models have the water softener and some don't. Can anyone tell me which KUDE models do besides the KUDE60sx? Also, does the water softener feature work? is it worth it if you have hard water? thanks in advance!

• bonesoda
    13 years ago

only the kude60sx has hard water softener. No other dishwasher in the KA lineup does.