Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliance Issues

Posted by SunnyAlberta (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 13:21

I need some advice how to deal with the company I bought my appliances from. My appliances are 6 months old. My maytag dryer has already been replaced once and now the drum is beating again, the dishwasher has leaked twice and the door is out of line and wont close plus doesn't clean properly, one of the kitchenaid convection fans in the double ovens has been replaced, and the front burner on the kitchenaid pro rangetop the igniter stays on. I spent over 20,000 with them and I am frustrated the items I purchased are not working. I want them to take my kitchenaid dishwasher and give me something different. I am beyond frustrated. Is it unreasonable for me to demand a new different one? I would even take a floor model. I am so mad. They are not being easy to deal with. There is one year warranty but I want a completely different dishwasher because of all the problems. It leaked through my roof into the basement twice and it doesn't clean very well. WWYD? What you expect?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliance Issues

The warranty for the appliances is through the manufacturer, not the retailer. What do the authorized service providers say about the issues? What does the manufacturer say? It is THEIR responsibility to satisfy the warranty issues that you are having.

o
RE: Appliance Issues

Your dealer also has some responsibility here. You gave your money to them and they represent the company. I would ask them to assist you in getting a buy back of your appliances from the manufacturer. If you can't get this done quickly(your warranty clock is ticking) I would report them to the better business bureau and determine what your rights as a consumer are in your state. You may need to consult an attorney. If you spent 20k it might be worth it if you can get no help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here