Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Sell/Trade a Traditional 4 oven Aga in Texas

Posted by hillcountryview (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 13:01

We are purchasing an old german farmhouse in Texas. The kitchen has a 58" black, traditional 4 oven Aga. It is beautiful, but not a fit for my family. Does anyone know a dealer who would be interested in buying or take as a trade in on a dual fuel range? Are there any forums where people in other parts of the country are looking for this cooker?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to Sell/Trade a Traditional 4 oven Aga in Texas

About the only place in the country that is suited to the traditional always on type Aga would be the PNW or somewhere up in Maine. You could contact some freight companies about building a shipping crate and a shipping quote and then put it on EBay. But I don't see anyone in Hot hot summer TX wanting such a thing.

o

Well having had a couple traditional AGA's i would say that the geographical range is far greater than posted above.

I currently have one in Michigan and love it.

Mississippi might not favor one but in northern climes they are great.

As for how to sell one, I may suggest finding some folks on the AGA service network.

They have to be disassembled to move and ship so that network is key.

Those of us that have them generally really like them.

o

In my experience unless you are very very lucky you have scrap metal on your hands. look at it this way It will cost the buyer ...

Take apart (correctly) $1500
Crate and Pallet (Correctly) $300
Ship as a one off (1400lbs) $2500 (low side)
Reassemble Correctly $2500 (with new stuffing)

Then fingers crossed it was taken down properly, shipped safely and works on arrival.

I was offered one a few years ago from a store in NY, brand new shop floor display never been turned on, $7999.00 4 months late it was offered to me again for $2000 if i took it down and shipped it, 3 weeks later it was smashed and scarped for $500 .......

o

I am not sure on the disassembly and reassembly but I know they did not charge me $2500 to assemble mine.And one of mine was 15 miles down a 2 track.

The shipping is nowhere near that much. There are plenty of LTL shippers around.
I sell thousands of pounds of scrap per year and noone is paying $500 for that much cast iron. Now a dealer might offer some number like that if he could reuse some of the parts but as straight scrap it is pretty worthless.

I would find the Texas AGA service rep and give them a call. They are generally pretty interesting characters any way...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here