Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Microwave Location??

Posted by mjfrusc (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 12:52

I am considering placing my countertop microwave inside a tall appliance pantry similar to the one pictured in the link. I am concerned about odor accumulation in an enclosed space.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/153911/Kitchens-of-The-French-Tradition-traditional-kitchen-other-metro

My other option is to purchase a Sharp microwave drawer to be installed in my cooktop island. We are thinking about putting it under the 30" Wolf gas cooktop which will be located opposite the kitchen sink. The aisle width should be around 48" between the sink and island.

Everyone here is so incredible helpful and we are having a hard time deciding. The pantry option would save us the cost of the Sharp microwave and would keep the microwave concealed. It would also free up space on the island for a large drawer. We have considered other places in the kitchen, but think these are our two best options.

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Microwave Location??

Ha, my microwave placement location is problematic too.

That is a nice tall cabinet. I understand cabinet makers can add vents on cabinets, which may help you with the odor problem. I cleaned our MW today and my husband had cooked some bbq. I had to use vinegar to expunge the odor.

I must say I'd be a tad worried about fire hazard with the MW inside any enclosed cabinet. If you do it, perhaps consider a GFCI outlet?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here