Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beckycrazymommy

Hardworking dishwasher recs.

Crazymommy
11 years ago

I am the current owner of the world's worst dishwasher made by Frigidaire.

From nearly the day we purchased, we have had issues. The first problem is that the coating of the rack started coming off. Immediately, there was rust. Of course, the company refused to do anything because the don't cover "rust." Arrrgh.

Then it wouldn't turn on all the time. Thankfully, I had a power switch on the wall and if I cut the power, I was always able to turn it on easily.

Then...the heated dry wouldn't turn off.

Then it began making horrible noises. I figured it was the motor and we didn't feel the expense to have it repaired would be worth it. We have been prepared for it to die. However, it had other things in mind.

It decided to spring a leak on the underside. I currently have hot water off in my kitchen and am boiling water in order to hand wash dishes. However, I found today that it is leaking when I also drain water from the sink. The fun just goes on and on....

Anyway, I need a dishwasher that is reliable and doesn't have to have tons of bells and whistles. I have a family of 8 and we do a lot of dishes. I prefer tall tubs. I don't want to spend a boatload of money on a dishwasher. Just want something dependable and reliable.

I only used top rack maybe 4 times the entire time we had it.
Sometimes use pots and pans
Sometimes use quick wash.
Never use heat dry.
Would NEVER put my china in a dishwasher.
Don't need a food disposer.

I'd also like something that has a better preventative for food getting into the bottom area. I hated cleaning the awful filter system on our current dishwasher. Plus the three parts to that contraption made no sense to me. I never felt that the top part caught much of anything.

Any ideas?

Comments (7)