Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardworking dishwasher recs.

Posted by crazymommy (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 12:40

I am the current owner of the world's worst dishwasher made by Frigidaire.

From nearly the day we purchased, we have had issues. The first problem is that the coating of the rack started coming off. Immediately, there was rust. Of course, the company refused to do anything because the don't cover "rust." Arrrgh.

Then it wouldn't turn on all the time. Thankfully, I had a power switch on the wall and if I cut the power, I was always able to turn it on easily.

Then...the heated dry wouldn't turn off.

Then it began making horrible noises. I figured it was the motor and we didn't feel the expense to have it repaired would be worth it. We have been prepared for it to die. However, it had other things in mind.

It decided to spring a leak on the underside. I currently have hot water off in my kitchen and am boiling water in order to hand wash dishes. However, I found today that it is leaking when I also drain water from the sink. The fun just goes on and on....

Anyway, I need a dishwasher that is reliable and doesn't have to have tons of bells and whistles. I have a family of 8 and we do a lot of dishes. I prefer tall tubs. I don't want to spend a boatload of money on a dishwasher. Just want something dependable and reliable.

I only used top rack maybe 4 times the entire time we had it.
Sometimes use pots and pans
Sometimes use quick wash.
Never use heat dry.
Would NEVER put my china in a dishwasher.
Don't need a food disposer.

I'd also like something that has a better preventative for food getting into the bottom area. I hated cleaning the awful filter system on our current dishwasher. Plus the three parts to that contraption made no sense to me. I never felt that the top part caught much of anything.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardworking dishwasher recs.

Miele has a $1k Futura Classic model (after -10%).
You should avoid replacement for many years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele DW

o

The best bang for the buck right now would be the Bosch units

o

After a horrible exerience with a GE Profile dishwasher that I recently gave up on after less than 2 1/2 years of ownership, I bought a floor model Miele. She can clean ANYthing! Love the 3rd level silverware rack. I am so happy with that dishwasher that no words can describe it after what I went through with the GE!!! I dont think there is an "American" dishwasher brand out there right now that's worth buying. I'm into about the 3rd week of ownership, and still smile like a kid every time the cycle is done and I open it to see sparkling clean dishes, pots and silverware! :)

o

Looks like my post cloned itself!

This post was edited by karenlee56 on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 19:18

o

My posts are duplicating and triplicating!!

This post was edited by karenlee56 on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 23:08

o

Dan1888- Are you saying it is possible to get 10% off a Miele dishwasher? If so, how?

o

Dan 1888

x2 Miele 10% discount how?
I went to the link but saw no discounts.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here