Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lafacia

Why is it so hard to get Jenn Air pricing?

lafacia
11 years ago

I called Sears - like it said to do on their website - and they said they couldn't help me. I had to call Jenn Air. Called Jenn Air and they were closed. Called again and waited a long while on hold to be told that they can't give me a price. I had already contacted Gerhards but they won't call me back or email me back. Giving up on them. Seems kind of absurd to me - must be hard for them to actually sell these appliances if they won't tell anyone how much they cost. Is it posted anywhere online? Thanks!

Comments (10)

• PeterH2
    11 years ago

10 seconds in Google "jenn air price" led me to "jenn air price consumer reports"

This post was edited by PeterH2 on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 12:40

• dodge59
    11 years ago

I don't know how many folks would think go to Consumer Reports for appliance pricing. While I am an on-line subscriber to CR, I did not think to go there.

It was nice of you, however, to put that info up.

I checked all around, many appliances dealers, Universal, Plessers, etc etc, All say "Call for price".

This is really a "Sleeze bag way" to market appliances.
    I called Wolf out on it, and now at least they have MSRP's up on their website.

As Much as I like my Jenn-air 48" built in fridge (7 years now), I would recommend you boycott Jenn-air until they "Clean up" their marketing act--ie put the prices up on their website!!!!

I still immensely dislike fixed pricing, Wolf, Jenn-air, Miele etc etc, and if I were to buy almost anything, that which is not price fixed would get business.

Many years ago price fixing was outlawed, but clever lawers just changed the name, and of course living where we have the
    "Finest Politicians Money can buy" we again have the
    "Price Fixing Plague"

As far as hiding prices, that is truely OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Think about it, all new cars, and even used cars must have a price right on the car. All gas stations must have prices posted.

What so special about these "Appliance People", NUTTIN!!!!
    They are just spending the money in the right pockets, er I mean "Places" Now!!!

Gary

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

Price fixing was and is still illegal.

Price fixing is when two or more dominant(in a given market) companies collude and put the same or virtually the same price on the same or virtually the same product.

That is what the Justice Dept has to prove. Collusion between large players in a given market.

• wardman
    11 years ago

Do you live in Philly? Call the Glenside Gerhard store back and ask for Rich if you do.

• MizLizzie
    11 years ago

I struck all Jenn Air apps off my new kitchen shopping list for this very reason. Dealers will price them, yes. But why jump through hoops?

• caliente63
    11 years ago

> I don't know how many folks would think go to Consumer Reports
    > for appliance pricing

I didn't.

I googled for "jenn air price"; and one of the results was a CR page with a price, so I added CR to get "jenn air price consumer reports".

• Gooster
    11 years ago

I recall seeing some prices posted on stickers in brick and mortar appliance stores -- Pacific Sales/Best Buy had a display.

But the whole "lets hide the MSRP" is a bit irritating -- or the worse yet, the UMRP.

I think I was told (read?) that Jenn Air is moving upmarket, raising prices and narrowing their dealer list. As an old coworker would say, "lipstick on a pig"

• MizLizzie
    11 years ago

I think you are right about Jenn Air narrowing their dealer list. A few weeks back, an appliance salesman nearly offered me his firstborn if I'd just buy a JA induction top. It felt like he should have had "just making my quota" tattooed on his forehead.

I went in primed for a Bosch, so it's not like I was window shopping. But he would not shut up about the JA and how superior it was. I left, confused. But not only can you not find pricing, you can't find too much in the way of reviews, either.

I just bought my Bosch today. Elsewhere.

• caliente63
    11 years ago

> I just bought my Bosch today. Elsewhere.

Very smart choice x 2!

• foodfiend_gardener
    11 years ago

Well, this post really helped me. I've been trying to price various appliances and was confused as to why I couldn't come up with a price for the Jenn Air items that I was looking at (to compare and to also build a budget). How arrogant it all is. I'm going to look at other manufacturers.