Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Star Drip Tray Cleaning???

Posted by ccombs (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 12:09

I have had my 60" Blue Star for 2 years. How are you supposed to clean the drip trays? So far, I've just used a spatula and scraped out all of the build-up but I know there must be a better way. I called the store I bought it from and they weren't any help. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Star Drip Tray Cleaning???

I'm not sure what to suggest for this clean-up but once you get it done, line the tray with tinfoil and just remove the tinfoil when it's dirty and re-line it with new tinfoil.

o

Thanks. I'm planning to do the foil but want to get it really clean first. The trays don't seem to come out to be able to wash them so they're really hard to clean!

o

I didn't know how to completely remove the drip trays from our 48" rangetop so I called BS and they told me how. Our rangetop was purchased last year and is the V1 update. Here's how the V1 is done:

To completely remove the trays, pull out on the tray. Then when it feels like it bumps against those stops, slightly push it back in about an inch and then pull hard and it will pass those stops. Both trays work the same and it allows you to completely remove and clean the actual sliding trays and anything that may have gotten underneath. Then to reinstall, align the roller/tracks on the trays and push in until it is all the way back into its normal closed position. After this, they will be back to working as before, sliding up to those stops.

The V1 update also has pans that sit inside of the trays so usually we just remove those pans. We always use foil.

o

Once you get them out, a degreaser called Greased Lightning worked really well on my Viking drip trays that looked like they had never been cleaned when we bought our house. I thought I was going to have to scrub & scrub, but all the gunk came right off with just a few minutes of letting it sit on there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here