Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
witgirl

American Range 36" - Michigan dealers/distrib online ordering?

witgirl
11 years ago

So I have searched for and read virtually every posting on AR here on the forum (I am presently remodeling my kitchen and looking for a pro style 36 inch gas range), as well as the Bluestar RNB and despite the relative general lack of information I am still really interested in the AR, which seems comparable to the Bluestar, and happens to be less expensive (though this is not necessarily the deciding factor). I checked the AR website for distribution, which, after I input my name and location, only pulled up one distributor for COMMERCIAL AR products in Ohio, about 4 hours away from where I live and Michigan was not one of their states for AR products. There were no residential distributors listed in my area at all (though I dont think this means dealers?) I Googled some online dealers to check prices and found one called "Kitchenall" a company based in Brooklyn NY and they actually have the ARROB-636N on sale - $600 off the retail price of $4914. I was interested in adding color (+595) and the leg caps (+99) and the total still comes to about $4900 and change, which seems like a pretty good deal to me. The only question that I still have is that the freight for curbside delivery comes up as free when I put in my zipcode, but their website says free shipping offers dont apply to residential delivery - so I would have to call them to see what the deal is on shipping. So -- questions -- does anyone know anything about this company? any personal experiences? what is the downside to ordering this range online? Also, any new information out there about AR and whether they have improved on their marketing, information they are putting out there about their residential line of ranges, customer service, quality issues, etc?? Anyone know anything about AR dealers/distribution in Michigan?

I have to say that I am absolutely amazed at the depth and breadth of knowledge on this forum r/t appliances - you all have been an invaluable source of information to me as I research my choice(s). Thanks!

Comments (4)

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

An ebay seller has the same range for $4399 and includes free residential delivery and free liftgate service.

Plus includes the extra layer of protection Ebay offers.

The obvious problem is if something goes wrong complaining in person usually gets matters resolved quicker and better than complaining in email or phone call.

I purchased my 36' Culinarian off of Ebay.

Fortunately did not have a problem.

Sorry, can't answer your other questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay LINK

• witgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks - i am going to look into that Ebay seller for sure. i called Kitchenall - they are a kitchen supplier who *say* that they get good prices on their American Range residential ranges because they have a well-developed commercial supply business. I can get the ARROB636N for about $4700 total, no shipping or lift gate charges and including the upcharges - color, the 4 inch backguard and the leg covers - these are all upcharges for the unit. So far, this is the best price I have found without making a bunch of phone calls to competitors. I did call American range to get a distributor - the closest in Ohio (I'm in Michigan). They referred me to 4 dealers in Michigan who are all at least 2 hours away and who, sadly, do not ship out of the local area. So, I think I will have to rely on the online company to get this unit. I did call American Range and spoke with technical support becasue I was concerned there may not be any local servicers. Happily, the technician was able to give me three different local servicers within about 1/2 hour from my home - so I feel much better knowing there is someone to install and to repair if necessary. The technician at American Range was very helpful and answered all of my questions at this point. I also asked him as the "problem" guy what were the recurring problems with this range and he said there really weren't too many, but did say something about ignitors that were fixed last year. he said the unit is built like a tank and is simple without a lot of gizmos and electronics. One other note, if you are interested in a color like I am, you can call the sales department at American Range and they will send you a color chip. The dealers I spoke with did not have these and really did not have an idea how to go about getting one. All in all, feeling pretty good about the information I have been able to track down so far given the relative paucity of info out there at this point.

• scotr
    11 years ago

I have actually purchased received and installed an American Range ARR-636 from Kitchenall and here is my take.

First of all everything is perfectly legit. I got the range its been installed, I love it. Its top notch, we cook a lot. We are so so happy.

Secondly, the prices really were great and the people were helpful and were there to answer questions even after I got the range, which is very important. I am happy with all of that.

There is a but and that is the third thing. Kitchenall was only offering curbside delivery. For us it was no big deal we just pulled the box in, but they didn't have any inside delivery or installation option. Some people may find that important.

All in all I'd give them high marks. I got exactly what I wanted, nothing more and nothing less, at a very fair price. Thanks.

• witgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Scotr - I am really glad to hear about your experience with Kitchenall and with your new range! I am planning on ordering from them given the no dealer/no delivery outside of local area thing. I had to call American Range again - the paint chips didn't arrive, so I called them back. At first the person on the phone said they wouldn't send chips to a "end user" but I told her none of the dealers (including Kitchenall) had chips to give or knew much about it at all (plus I had already called and had a name of the person I spoke with to give her). anyway, they are sending the chips (we'll see) - the reason I mention this is because I told her I was planning to order from Kitchenall and she said that they were one of their big online sellers. That reassured me too. Good advice on the curbside delivery - we'll have to make sure we have the right equipment and people to get it into the house. If you have any other advice or comments on the range, I would love to hear them! Oh - any problem with the simmer being too high? does the oven temp seem to be well-calibrated? Thanks!