Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carciofo_gw

BlueStar Maintenance Issues, What's the Truth?

carciofo
16 years ago

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am moving to a new apartment and redesigning the kitchen. After doing a lot of research on ranges, I settled on the BlueStar for its BTU strength. I was speaking with one appliance distributor yesterday who carries BlueStar, but tried to steer me away from buying it. He said he would certainly sell me one if I wanted, he has no special relationship with any other ranges and sells most top lines, (Viking, Wolf, etc.). He did not dispute the cooking ability of BlueStar, he said he was advising me solely on his experience with a multitude of customers whose BlueStar's had repair issues (door springs, the porcelain starters in the burners, etc.)

Obviously this is just one man's opinion. I am visiting another BlueStar distributor tomorrow and I'll see what he says.

So, BlueStar owners, what has your experience been? Cooking bliss or maintenance frustration?

Comments (150)

• deegeegirl
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jr chef - Don't cross it off your list yet!

I had great service and very quick response from Matt at Bluestar. The control knob on my griddle wasn't stopping completely at the Off indicator, so Matt arranged for a local repair service (Vesco) - the fellow determined the regulator (?) needed to be replaced. While he was there, he checked the connections as I occasionally got a whiff of gas and tightened that up. He also made the simmer burner flame a bit lower for me. A few days later, he came back with the new part for the griddle and installed it.

Kudos to Matt (meant to post my thanks to him earlier) - he's a huge improvement over Pete. He was very responsive and within 5 minutes had determined what needed to be done and that sending someone out to fix it was the solution. And kudos to Vesco - they called me within a day to set up the appointment, their repairman came first thing in the morning and got the work done quickly, so I could get to work.

The Bluestar is terrific to cook on - I thought I was a pretty good cook before but this stove has made a discernible difference. Stir frying is hot enough to really sear the food. On my old Gaggenau cooktop, it was impossible to simmer without putting a simmer plate on top of the flame. No need for that with the Bluestar - it simmers beautifully. We notice the difference in grilling things like steaks - the outside sears but the interior stays uniformly pink without the edges getting gray. Rack of lamb (using the broiler) is as good as any I've had in a restaurant. Cooking on this stove is a lot of fun!

• berryberry
    15 years ago

Now a days nearly all manufactures use local independent service companies to carry out calls

This is true - the appliance dealer where we purchased our Bluestar through services all major brands including Bluestar, DCS, Capital, Wolf, etc. They used to service Bluestar even before they sold them as they have a highly qualified service dept.

I would follow Trevor's advice and contact Matt at Bluestar if local service is a concern of yours. It seems like they are continuing to expand their network

• guadalupe
    15 years ago

From reading this site it appears that everything susanandmarkw purchased has problems, Jade, Bluestar, the contractor and so on. No matter who attempts to solve her problems, they fail. I wish her well but I can't imagine her having a positive response to anything.

• jr_chef
    15 years ago

update - I bought a BS, it was installed by a gas fitter who never saw one before. He had it up and running in 15 minutes. I've had no troubles with it, and I have to agree that the amount of btu's that comes out of this range is amazing. We did a huge pot of water last night for corn, and it came to a boil in no time at all. I'm very happy with my choice.

• eandhl
    15 years ago

jr_chef, wait till you need to simmer, it is amazing as well the infrared broiler.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

In fact, I have positive responses to lots of things, all the time, just not to being ripped off and treated like dirt. Eurostoves is the person with whom I purchased all those failed appliances and, no, Trevor Lawson, has not helped me. In fact, he's lied, outright, again and again and refused to honor his own WRITTEN promises (extended warranty, paying for my visit, etc.).

Remember, he's trying to sell you something, I'm not (and I get nothing either way, other than slammed here for telling the truth). Believe whom you want and buy whatever appliance you desire. The only reason I've posted is to A) Help others avoid the nightmares I've gone through (I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy) and B) Hoping to goad Mr. Lawson into doing the right thing, which has been a total failure.

Oh and, the contractor we had the misfortune to use is currently being sued by multiple people and has declared bankruptcy, so I guess that's somehow my fault too (he's not being sued by us, since we didn't have the money to take him to court--thanks to him--and we were told we'd get nothing). We later found out that he'd done this before, too, under another company name, so we're just one of his many victims. It will be years, if ever, that our house is worth what we paid for it, and we can never afford to fix all the things that were done wrong. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars lost--our life savings and then some.

I wish I'd never met my contractor, or Mr. Lawson. If you wanna' call me bitter, go ahead. That's absolutely your right. And, yeah, I'm definitely ticked off, but I think any sane person would be.

If anyone wants to seriously know what my appliance issues are, or see the sort of responses I received from Bluestar and Mr. Lawson before and after the sale (and how very different they are), please feel free to email me.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

Oh and ... I'm fairly certain that the real reason I've had problems with all my Eurostoves-purchased appliances isn't a big conspiracy on my part but, in fact, due to Mr. Lawson's own error of shipping my appliances MONTHS too early (mine were sent when he meant to ship someone else's, according to Mr. Lawson) and then having them sit in a shipping facility not set up for storage for almost six months, where they were almost certainly mistreated. I don't know the end result, but the shipping facility, for a long time, was calling me to try and get me to pay storage fees Mr. Lawson refused to.

Mr. Lawson will not admit this could be the cause of my myriad of appliance issues, or take any responsibility though I have, again, in writing from him the admission he messed up and sent the appliances at least four months before I had needed/asked for them and that he would "take care of it."

-Susan W.

• sjerin
    15 years ago

Susan,
    I've read most of your posts over the last couple of years and I can't fathom why Eurostoves won't help you; it would be a big boost to their company, not to mention the correct thing to do. I think you've been more than fair, and I don't understand why anyone would think you're unjustly disgruntled. I would be livid, as I'm sure you've been, and I do feel for you. Have you still heard nothing from Eurostoves? Maybe I missed something, but I don't understand why they won't send out a good repair person, and if the unit is unrepairable, replace it.

• shknbk
    15 years ago

Although I live in North Carolina I purchased my Bluestar rangetop from Eurostoves after visiting the store while on vacation in Boston. I was totally impressed by the store as well as Trevor's knowledge and professionalism. Shortly after my visit to Eurostoves, a local store began to sell Bluestar. The local store priced the rangetop much higher than Eurostoves and the salespeople had no knowledge or understanding of their product. For this reason I felt much more comfortable buying my rangetop from Eurostoves.

I received my rangetop from Eurostoves without any problems. Once it was installed, I was anxious because I smelled gas after I turned the burners off. Trevor was very responsive to my concerns and helped me contact Pete Bloodgood from Bluestar who arranged to have a certified repairman come to look at the range. An igniter was replaced and the rangetop has been perfect ever since then.

Throughout the process I had nothing but positive feelings for Eurostoves, Trevor Lawson, Pete Bloodgood and my Bluestar rangetop!

• ctkathy
    15 years ago

I have not had any bad experience with Eurostoves where I purchased my Bluestar and Liebherr.

However, I did have a gas leak on my Bluestar that was a bear to get fixed. Somehow I think this might be more to the point of the OP.

• berryberry
    15 years ago

Susan - sorry to say but you do come across as extremely disgruntled - perhaps for good reason. Personally I haven't done business with Eurostoves so have no first hand knowledge of them, but was surprised when Trevor trashed another online vendor for pricing issues when his pricing doesn't toe the letter of the law either.

And it very well could be the root of all your problems is his error shiiping the appliances ealry and having them sit somewhere for 6+ months.

All that said, I can see why you would trash Eurostoves. On the other hand, I can't see why you are so critical of Bluestar and the other appliance manufacturers. It certainly wasn't their fault Eurostoves shipped items to you 6 months early, which as you yourself infer, likely led to all the issues. See, this is where I think you go beyond having a valid complaint and opinion and coming across as very disgruntled. You want to blame everyone (Eurostives and the manufacturers) for your problems - but yet you come out and say that more than likely all the problems resulted from the appliances (from different manufacturers) sitting in storage for 6 months. That doesn't make sense. If storage was the issue - fine blame Eurostoves all you want, but it doesn't seem right to me to trash all the different manufacturers as well

• pm203
    15 years ago

I would have to say, after reading this thread, I am very suprised to see this kind of service in this day and age. It sounds like the Bluestar is a a nice unit, put together with inferior parts, built without pride and backed up by a manufacturer with disgraceful customer service. And these are supposedly hand built? I cannot believe how many failures there are on such a simple piece of equipment. And,it sounds like Bluestar has no interest after the sale. Isn't this supposed to be a high end unit? I really wanted one but will not subject myself to the strong possibility that I will have problems and that the factory could care less about it.I was hoping to hear that Bluestar appreciated someone who would purchase their special order hand built unit and treat them like family. Not someone who would duck out as soon as the warranty was over and tell you that you are on your own. I apologize for my harsh words, but just saying how I see it.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

I was unable to get either my Bluestar range or Jade fridge replaced or repaired under their valid warranties by either Eurostoves or the original makers. I was just left having paid upwards of $20,000 for things that don't work correctly, or aren't even what I ordered. Eurostoves claims to be Bluestar's largest dealer, therefore one would assume they have some influence, and vice versa, on service. So far, I have received little but the runaround from all parties involved and, at this point, though my original issues were never resolved, neither company will even respond to me.

I AM disgruntled and definitely hope no one else ends up in the same position I am in.

And, to answer a question I was emailed privately, yes the date of completion on my house was delayed, repeatedly, as many building projects are. BUT I never even had a chance to be the one in the wrong asking for the appliances to be shipped from Eurostoves, as Mr. Lawson shipped them in August-September 2006, when the original, best-case-scenario completion date of our house wasn't until January 2007. (We actually finished in April and I accurately knew, more than a month advance, when the actual completion date was; though we were told "30 days" many times, we knew it wasn't accurate until the final was set.) I never asked him to ship these items, but he did require that I purchase them that early--he emailed and called me almost daily to get the half deposit money--even though the appliances I purchased locally were ordered only 60 days before I needed them, with no pressure what-so-ever when they had to hold them an extra 30 days. Mr. Lawson, on the other hand, called/emailed me constantly begging me to take the appliances that HE had screwed up and sent early and, by the way, we did accommodate him (I do always try to be nice), putting them in our new home's garage for the last 45 days.

Because of this screw-up we also received the old version of the Bluestar, though the new one was shipping LONG before we would have actually needed/shipped our appliances if Mr. Lawson hadn't screwed up. I even had to pay extra to move the 22K burner up front, something no longer needed on the newer models. When I asked Mr. Lawson about this he hemmed and hawed and said I could get the new one, but I'd have to pay another $300 to do so, even though that's the range I would have received without Mr. Lawson's shipping error.

And, when things immediately started going wrong, it took days, then weeks, then months to have phone calls and/or emails returned from Eurostoves. Very different than BEFORE Mr. Lawson got my money. The fridge in question was damaged on delivery and I spoke with Mr. Lawson on the phone at that moment saying I wanted to refuse it. He literally begged me not to, and I acquiesced, because he assured me he would take care of everything and it would be fixed (damaged was noted on delivery slip I still have). The end result: In November, eight months of fighting with Eurostoves et al later, I received a lesser-value fridge in exchange, at the full price--$600 difference--I paid for the Jade.

Now, I remain stuck with a Bluestar that has a faulty oven door, poorly functioning broiler and failing igniters. (Im guessing thats the problemthe unit doesnt always light, certain burners in particular will just click endlessly. If you turn it off, let is set a few minutes and come back, the burner will usually light.)
    Though both Eurostoves and Bluestar promised me extended warrantiesand all of these problems, except the ignition, which just began, were documented well before the original, one-year warranty expired--neither will address/repair any of these concerns. Thats why I have issues with both companies. (Bluestar also personally assured me that there were "dozens" of people locally who could work on my unit, prior to my purchase of the brand, only to tell me when I actually needed service that there was no one in my area, blaming me, again and again, for their failure to provide service.)

-Susan W.

• morton5
    15 years ago

Susan, where do you live? I am wondering if poor service is a regional problem.

• berryberry
    15 years ago

Susan

See, here's the rub.

In Feb 2008 you posted:

Eventually, MOST of the problems I had from the get-go were resolved, by myself and/or Bluestar. A few linger, including a broiler that works, but just not very well--far different than the one I tested on; very disappointing--and some issues with the oven door. Hopefully at least the latter will eventually be resolved. (The oven door issue is new and I just contacted Bluestar about it so they haven't even had a chance to fix it yet.)

and

Once the burners were, finally, calibrated and working correctly I have zero complaints about the function of this rangetop and the oven is absolutely cavernous

and

The only real big maintenance issue I'd be worried about with a Bluestar is whether local repair/service people are familiar with the brand. In my area, no matter how "simple" or "functional" or whatever the Bluestar may be, when people don't know the brand, they don't want to work on it, and have no desire to even try. . . . If they are familiar with the brand, I really dont see a major issue, as service HAS been provided, albeit a bit slow and a bit begrudgingly on occasion.

Then in May 2008 you posted:

We had MAJOR issues with our burners being totally out of whack (four of them unusable), which was eventually fixed in early January 2008, following an April 2007 install.

and you also say you fixed the oven door yourself after Bluestar shipped you a new one. And now you are complainging about oven door issues, failing igniters, etc

It seems your stories don't jive. From Bluestar resolving your problems to zero complaints about the function of the rangetop to Oh my God - this is the worst thing going and I want someone to buy my stove back.

Like I said - I can see your frustration and complaint against Eurostoves for shipping the products early - but your statements about BS are inconsistnet and don't add up.

I think it all boils done to anotehr comment you wrote in May that said:

I also suggested, after being totally and completely fed up, that if they didn't want to deal with me anymore, or see me post online, that they simply buy the unit back and I'd take my business elsewhere.

Since they didn't acquiesce to your demands you are continuing to post online, probably embellishing your story as time goes on, to IMO try and get even. That doesn't seem quite right to me. Post your complaint, quit changing the story and be done with it. Everytime you rant further and change the story more, you look worse. JMHO

• PRO
    Trevor Lawson (Eurostoves Inc)
    15 years ago

Fiction V Truth

Susan......I was unable to get either my Bluestar range or Jade fridge replaced or repaired under their valid warranties by either Eurostoves or the original makers. TOTAL LIE

Trevor.....the refrigerator had 7 service calls, in the end was replaced under warranty by Whirlpool. Bluestar has made at least 3 service calls, replaced the door replaced the grates, calibrated all burners and the oven, found the broiler to working exactly as expected all under warranty.

Susan....Mr. Lawson shipped them in August-September 2006, when the original, best-case-scenario completion date of our house wasn't until January 2007. (We actually finished in April and I accurately knew, more than a month advance, TOTAL LIE....

Trevor.....Susan only placed the order with Eurostoves on 10/10/6......... FACT

Susan.....Mr. Lawson shipped them in August-September 2006, TOTAL LIE

Trevor.....Delivery date 1/23/07 FACT.......

Susan.....Though both Eurostoves and Bluestar promised me extended warrantiesand all of these problems, except the ignition, which just began, were documented well before the original, one-year warranty expired--neither will address/repair any of these concerns.....LIE

Trevor....From Eurostoves point of view Susan has in place 5 year extended warranty (AS PROMISED) with GE Warranties Start date 1/15/2008 until 1/15/2012 I checked with GE and the paperwork was sent out and never received back....FACT

Susan.....By the way, never did hear another word from Bluestar. Broiler still doesn't work,

Trevor..... i have checked with Bluestar and they do not have any outstanding service calls for Susan last comuntication Bluestar had with Susan was mid April....FACT

Susan....but he did require that I purchase them that early--he emailed and called me almost daily to get the half deposit money

Trevor....Deposit was taken on 10/11/2006 final payment on 12/14/06 the reason I was chasing the deposit was so I could order the appliance, further so Susan would not be hit with the 2006 / 2007 price increase.

Susan.....I even had to pay extra to move the 22K burner up front,

Trevor....Susan paid $200 to move 2 burners from the then standard location in 2006 when the order was placed. Bluestar did not introduce 22k Btu upfront right hand burner until 2007.

All Documents supporting my facts / truths are available to anyone who would like copies sent to them or you can call me at the store i am here from 10am - 10pm nearly every day.

As i explained to a gentleman who called me this morning to discuss this thread, Susan is a very capable writer (ex journalist), after the facts were explained to him and documents faxed to him to confirm my facts his words were " JK Rowling would be proud to have written such a fantasy story as Susan's."

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

Feel free to believe whatever you want. Everything I've posted is true.

Our oven door arrived damaged and the burners were totally out of whack to the point they were unusable. This was in April 2007. We installed a new oven door skin (just the outside) ourselves in September/October and the burners were finally calibrated in January 2008, as stated above. (Once calibrated the burners did work great, but now they're not lighting.) The ignitor problem, as I stated above, is new. The oven door falling open first started in March, when I first posted in this thread. It was briefly fixed, almost two months after I first contacted Bluestar, but that "fix" didn't last more than a few weeks, even though the oven wasn't used at all in that time. (I have several other ovens.) Now I couldn't use the oven, even if I wanted to, because it's just plain unsafe. (We have a toddler and just lightly touching the oven handle makes the door fall open--I do it all the time, accidently, when using the stovetop.)

If you read all my posts completely you'll see there were various problems, at various times, some fixed, some not. My story hasn't "changed" it's just that new problems keep cropping up. The broiler problem has been consistent, from the very start.

-Susan W.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

Oh and, it's not allowed by GardenWeb, but if anyone wants to see the emails from Eurostoves' Trevor Lawson that proves everything he claims in the post above is a "lie," in his own words, I will be happy to share. Just email me using the page /link. I don't know what "documents" he faxed to the "gentleman" who called him this morning, but I've love to have him send them to me too (he has my fax number) as he has ignored all communications with me.

He absolutely, in writing, TWICE promised me a two-year extended warranty for purchasing through him. He has refused, flat-out, to honor this. He also, in writing, promised to pay for my plane ticket to Boston. Neither happened. I also have credit card statements documenting when I made my payments to Eurostoves.

My fridge was replaced, by Whirpool, with a lesser-value Jenn-Air that retailed for $600 less than what I paid Mr. Lawson. I received no refund AND I was without a properly working fridge for more than EIGHT MONTHS.

Mr. Lawson also threatened to sue me for posting here. He wrote, and I quote, "you'll hear from my lawyer." I, of course, never did. I would LOVE to deal with Mr. Lawson in court, at his expense of course (I'm not throwing good money after bad), because I have no doubt what would happen.

-Susan W.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

I had not looked up the timing of the incorrect delivery in my earlier post, which is why I said "August-September 2007," the items were actually in Oklahoma by November 3, 2007, which is when the first email I have with Trevor discussing this is from. (We talked first about it on the phone, so it was a bit earlier, but 11/3 is the date I can document.) I apologize for that inaccuracy, which is my fault. It was not January '08, as Mr. Lawson claims, though, regardless, they were still mis-shipped and left to be poorly handled in a shipping facility not set-up for storage, for which Mr. Lawson has accepted no responsibility. (Then, to be helpful, I took them into my new-home construction garage for another 6-8 weeks at the end, because I felt bad about the construction delays.)

As for my communication with Bluestar, I copied Mr. Lawson on every email, so he knows there are many issues still outstanding. Neither he nor Bluestar have responded since mid-April--that is very true. The repairs he stated were made, though the oven door didn't last ... Just as I've said all along.

To be accurate, Mr. Lawson did refund the shipping charge on the fridge that never worked from day one, but would not provide the cost difference between the model I ordered and the one I ended up with. He has said, time and again, that's because it was my "choice" to have the Jenn-Air fridge. The "choice" I had was to re-do my cabinets, at my own expense, to fit a different fridge, or accept this one. I could have had a buy back, but in that case I would have had to wait "12-15 weeks" for a new fridge when the one I had was, by the end, leaking and not freezing at all. So, my "choice" in those circumstances was not to be without a working fridge for three months and accept the exchange, which could be done right away.

There was definitely no extended warranty paperwork from GE. If that warranty truly exists Mr. Lawson, I would LOVE to have it as there are things that definitely need taking care of and if I don't have to go through you or Bluestar, maybe they actually will be. You won't respond to my emails, but maybe you'll respond here. You have all my contact info (address, phone, fax, email), so I would LOVE to have these things taken care of.

I am a freelance sports journalist. I write stories for a gymnastics magazine and have been occasionally featured in larger newspapers. I'm not sure how that means I deserve to have non-working appliances but, whatever.

-Susan W.

• edlakin
    15 years ago

what about the discrepancy about the dates that trevor has noted?

he seems to have the paperwork to prove that the dates he cited are accurate. is it possible that you may have gotten the dates wrong as you recounted the story?

• edlakin
    15 years ago

sorry, you appear to have posted while i was writing that last post, and you've somewhat addressed my question above.

at this point, the whole thing really seems to boil down to a 'he said/she said' kind of situation. you're telling drastically different stories. not sure who to believe.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

The appliances were delivered to my HOUSE on 1/25/07, at 2:30 PM. (We moved in on April 17, 2007.) I looked up the invoice to discover this. I'm sure Mr. Lawson has the same invoice. To give Mr. Lawson the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he simply mis-spoke, or mis-remembered about when he actually SHIPPED the appliances. The appliances were delivered to Oklahoma in late October or early November 2006. I have an email from Mr. Lawson dated on 11/3/06 that tells me not to worry, that he'll store them until we need them and that I won't need to pay the other half of total cost until they are delivered to my house--this was a follow-up to an earlier phone conversation we had. (He did not want the expense of sending them back to Boston and then sending them to back to me again at a later date, which I don't blame him for, but now that I have so many issues certainly wish I'd insisted upon.)

I really don't want to do this he-said, she-said on a message board (it's degrading and silly) but, like I said, Mr. Lawson refuses, and has refused for a long time, to deal with me directly, so I have no idea what else to do.

Again, Mr. Lawson, if that extended warranty exists, I'd LOVE to see it. You know how to reach me. (And if I get it, I will happily share that information with those here, if that makes Mr. Lawson feel better and will help him to do the right thing.)

-Susan W.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

And, please note about dates, this all happened in 2006 and 2007, not 2007 and 2008, as I mis-typed in the 7/9/08 2:43 PM message (the dates/times in the 3:03 PM message are correct). Again, I apologize for any unintentional confusion. (If anyone even cares, which I'm not sure they would.) I was typing too fast and, yeah, pretty mad at Mr. Lawson's inaccurate attack.

To answer another question asked ... We live in Oklahoma. My husband is a coach at the University of Oklahoma and we live 1 mile outside Norman (we're still part of their school system, but not technically within the city limits), which is the third-largest city in the state, behind Tulsa and Oklahoma City, which is about 20-30 miles North of us.

It could very well be that repair people here are just idiots and that's why we've had bad service, but that was one of my concerns buying Bluestar, a little-known brand, and one Mr. Lawson and Bluestar went to great pains to assure me would NOT be a problem prior to sale. After the sale it was a totally different story of what-else-can-you-expect-look-where-you-live. (That really bugs me.)

We purchased our other appliances from Metro Builder Supply (regional appliance center) in OKC and have had to have two repairs. Both were handled within 21 days of our move in. One was a Bosch dishwasher that was non-working upon install. It was replaced on April 20, 2007, three days after we moved in and found it wasn't working. No problems since. We also purchased a Gaggaenu steam oven from Metro Builder's that was an older unit that someone had ordered, but never installed and was just sitting in a warehouse. (I considered buying one on eBay and they talked me out of it.) They gave us a very good price and told us their was still a full factory warranty. When it had problems right off the bat, I called Gaggaenu and they said it was out of warranty due to its manufacture date (early 2005). Metro Builder's called them, and I got a call the next day to set up service, which was done promptly and professionally and I've had no problems since. I also heard back from Gaggaenu later, apologizing for the brief run around and assuring me I had a full warranty. (Both Gaggaenu AND Metro Builder's followed up to make sure it was done right.) I've posted here that I'm not 100 percent sold on the steam oven's usefulness--it's fine, but I haven't found it a can't-live-without item-- but I have nothing but praise for the service I received (after one frustrating, initial phone call).

-Susan W.

• edlakin
    15 years ago

To give Mr. Lawson the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he simply mis-spoke, or mis-remembered about when he actually SHIPPED the appliances. The appliances were delivered to Oklahoma in late October or early November 2006. I have an email from Mr. Lawson dated on 11/3/06

well, ok, but you previously said that they shipped "august-september" when in appears that you didn't even place the order until october.

honestly, i have no dog in this fight, but i'm having trouble giving *you* the benefit of the doubt since your story seems to change so rapidly and so often.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

Since I said I'd post it ... Mr. Lawson just sent me an email, a response to one I'd sent him, and Bluestar, on April 10, 2008 and never heard anything back from, and gave me a GE Service Contract number, saying that was my extended warranty. According to this GE website for extended warranties (http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/warranty/) that number is "Warning: The contract information you entered is not valid."

It's possible I'm in the wrong place. I'll let you know if I discover that is the case. (I have emailed this information back to Mr. Lawson.)

Mr. Lawson and I talked, and exchanged hundreds of emails for more than a year before my purchase, which is why I was confused about the dates. (I had my appliances selected before the foundation was even dug out on our house.) Again, I apologize, I should have looked it up to be precise, but my story hasn't changed rapidly, often or at all. (Though, don't get me wrong, it's so complicated at this point I understand why you'd think that.) I corrected a minor error in timing and I really do apologize for getting it wrong--I was not attempting to mislead. That is more than Mr. Lawson has ever done (apologize or admit he was wrong), I might add.

-Susan W.

• jr_chef
    15 years ago

I don't know what other GW users think, but I really think the moderators should close this thread from further comments. It's too old, too long, too confusing, and is really about one customer and their issue with a retailer.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

Mr. Lawson did send me a copy of the extended warranty contract--the first time I've seen this after he told me, in writing, he would not honor it--today. I wanted to post here, to be fair.

There are a few problems--the old fridge is still listed and the address is completely wrong--but if it is valid (I tried to call the number listed to check but couldn't get through) I will be happily surprised.

By the way, for the "gentleman" who discussed this thread with Mr. Lawson today, or anyone else, Mr. Lawson also poo-pooed to me customer's who had issues with Eurostoves and posted here, dismissing their complaints and painting them as untruthful and/or overly picky. At that time, I too believed Mr. Lawson, who is (or was to me until all this happened) a very nice man and a great salesperson. Just a thought.

-Susan W.

• edlakin
    15 years ago

i agree with jr. chef. this thread has become something completely different than it's topic title indicates.

susan, maybe you should start your own thread about your issues with BS and eurostoves?

• shknbk
    15 years ago

jr_chef - I totally agree with you. Susanandmarkw have had their say...enough said. At this point it appears that she is doing everything in her power to try to put Eurostoves out of business. I purchased my Bluestar range and Prestige vent liner from Eurostoves after having visited Eurostoves and meeting Trevor. I made my purchase decision in spite of all of Susan's negative posts. While she certainly had issues with her purchases, it seemed clear to me that there was nothing anyone could possibly do to satisfy her. I called Trevor today after reading that all of this was being dredged up again and offered to give my personal references for his company and his outstanding service. Susan, you have had your say...I don't think you will ever be satisfied, but I also don't think you are doing any favors to yourself with the continuous negative attacks.

• ya_think
    15 years ago

Conspiracy Theory Alert: Trevor and Susan are actually in cahoots. Consider the facts:

- Do a search on this site and see that virtually all of Susan's rants are countered with others' overwhelming praise for Eurostoves.

- Trevor has a convincing counter claim for every claim that Susan makes thereby making her sound a bit unstable and him the poor victim.

- All the facts that Susan spews are apparently not convincing enough either for her to easily win a court case or for him to spend a few bucks to make her STFU even if he believes he is in the right.

- Overall this public dispute can be perceived as positive publicity for Eurostoves.

Do I believe this? No. But it is food for thought, Susan.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

"Shknbk" I do not flatter myself that I have the power, nor is it even my intention, to "put Eurostoves out of business." Heck, I doubt I have done ANY "damage" at all to them and it's not my mission to do so.

What I want to get out of this is to be treated fairly. Because of my posts today (thanks to an unusually long nap from my son) I FINALLY got the extended warranty that I was promised in our first contact, April 2006, from Mr. Lawson. Without my "negative" posts, I would have nothing. So, it's not nothing and, frankly, whether you believe me or not really matters very little--and I have no doubt you had a wonderful experience at Eurostoves, I too visited and they were great; I'm certainly not questioning they have happy customers.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything. I'm just putting information out there that you can assess and use, or not. I would never, ever presume to suggest that anyone substitute my judgement for their own. I learned of Bluestar, and Eurostoves, through this forum, so that's why I've written about them here. Before my problems I also posted many (VERY) positive things about both the Bluestar and Eurostoves, which were noted by both companies in question. (Heck, Mr. Lawson has repeatedly REQUESTED that I post about this or that as a "favor" to him.)

I always find it a tad funny when people say that there's "no way" I can be made happy. I mean, give me what you promised, and I paid for, and I'm happy as a lark. Treat me like dirt for months, now a year, and yeah, it's gonna be pretty hard to have me singing your praises (especially when you call me a liar, over and over, in print, claiming "documents" to back up your falsehoods).

Honestly, I'm already relatively happy with the outcome of knowing I now have the extended warranty (as long as a few things that are wrong in the contract are fixed and I really do have it). Now, if Mr. Lawson stepped up and said, you know, I'm so sorry about all this, I've been a jerk and none of this ever should have happened: Here's a refund of the $600 difference in cost between the Jenn-Air and the Jade fridge and let's take another look at your Bluestar broiler because, hey, we know you cooked on ours here and yours should work just as well, and we'll fix that oven door and the ignitors too--sorry we ignored you previously. Then, frankly, I'd be THRILLED, despite all I've gone through to date. I don't expect that will ever occur, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I do agree, though, that has gotten off topic and I apologize for that.

-Susan W.

• PRO
    15 years ago

Susan.........I FINALLY got the extended warranty that I was promised in our first contact, April 2006, from Mr. Lawson.

Trevor........you have had a 5 year extended warranty since the date you purchased your appliances on 10/10/2006 the warranty has been in effect since 1/15/08 and will run until 1/15/2012

End of Story

• morton5
    15 years ago

How long has it taken others to receive their BlueStars after ordering? I was told that it takes 6-8 weeks to hand build the stove and then ship it. I placed my order at the end of May both to avoid the price increase, and to have the range ready for my August remodel. My stove arrived at the appliance dealer 10 days after ordering! It will be in the dealer's warehouse storage for two or three months before install. After reading this, I'm concerned.

• pm203
    15 years ago

Even though this thread has got side tracked and become sort of a dog fight, it has helped me in making an important decision on which range to purchase. As I stated before, I fell in love with the whole Bluestar concept and was all set to purchase one. But, Susan aside, there have been alot of other comments regarding igniters, gas leaks, broiler issues, etc. While Bluestar seems to be doing the right thing with their new white glove program, I am skeptical about the quality of their unit. I don't think I should have to service a brand new, low-volume, hand built high end item just to make it work properly. Of course, with any hand built products, there are going to be defects. It just seems there are too many to make me comfortable about my purchase. In the end, I am sad, because I really wanted the Bluestar. And, I say, keep this thread going. Maybe Bluestar just had some bad luck with a few of their units and overall builds a nice product. Time will tell.

• berryberry
    15 years ago

Jr. Chef - I concur. I probably should have made that clearer in my earlier posts when I noted the discrepancies in Susan's posts. Because of Susan's issues with Eurostoves, this thread really is not of use to potential Bluestar customers (like it apparantly was intended to be)

PM203 - You are obviously welcome to draw your own conclusion, but other than some past issues with igniters, I don't see the range of problems you do. When I was researching ranges, I noted the ignitor issue some have mentioned but after reading far too many Bluestar related threads here came to the conclusion that yes, there was a problem at one time due to a part manufactured by a third party (that other range manufacturers also used) but that has now been resolved.

I also think if you did a poll here asking people which brand professional range they own, my sense is you will find more Bluestar owners here than other brands. I am not inferring that is good or bad - simply pointing out there is quite a following of Bluestar owners here (as evidenced by the various Bluestar #XX - latest was Bluestar 25 - threads - which mean 25 threads re: Bluestar in general have hit the 150 post limit) so where you have more owners of one brand, you will likely get more issues reported as compared to brands that relatively few people own and post about. The only real way to compare them would be on a percentage basis of problems to users

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

I really don't want to keep going on and on, but in the past if I've just said enough and moved on, I've been attacked for not responding (as "proof" apparently that I'm some sort of fraud) and if I defend myself, then I'm attacked for being "out to get someone," being "disgruntled," or whatever.

I think that if Mr. Lawson put half the effort into making things right for me, as he does monitoring and posting on, this forum, I would have never had to post here in the first place. (And I didn't say a single negative word until the problems had lingered for FOUR MONTHS.)

I'm not sure why anyone would believe I would lie about the extended warranty, as Mr. Lawson is claiming. (Unlike Mr. Lawson I have nothing to gain by being untruthful.) I have mentioned this same issue on other, now gone, threads which Mr. Lawson has also attacked me on, but no mention (from him), ever, of this warranty I supposedly have. (I've also never resorted to calling Mr. Lawson names, and I won't, and as recently as a few posts ago said he is a very nice, or was until the sale was made and things started to go wrong.)

Until yesterday, as far as I know, that extended warranty didn't exist, and I'm still not totally sure it's usable as Mr. Lawson must change something to make me able to use it, according to GE (the extended warranty company). I asked about having the Bluestar looked at, and the customer service rep I spoke with said the original seller of the warranty must make the change on appliances--the old fridge is listed--BEFORE it's used. (The date of install is also off by months--the install date is listed as before I even received the appliances, even according to Mr. Lawson's timeline he listed here--but that's not a big deal, as the warranty date is past the extra two years Mr. Lawson had promised, and I don't expect to get more than he promised, though if he wanted to fix that too, that would be fine and nice, but not essential. Until he makes the change--and he hasn't responded to my email asking him to do so, though he has posted here--the warranty is useless.)

When I first purchased my appliances from Eurostoves, I was promised an additional two years of warranty on anything I bought from them (three years total, including the original, factory first year), free of charge, Mr. Lawson then said that, for another $200, I could extend that to five years total and I agreed.

After being unable to get any kind of useful service on my fridge, even within the factory warranty period, I told Mr. Lawson to cancel the extended warranty I'd paid for since, if he couldn't provide warranty service now, why would I trust, and pay him, to do it three years from now? He, after much haranguing from me (including getting documentation from my state's attorney general that showed extended warranties can, and must, be canceled at customer request if made prior to their going into effect), he finally did so. I have emails from him saying he wouldn't unless GE could cancel the contract, and then emails saying that GE did cancel the contract (and refund him) so now he would refund me. This process took months.

I also have emails from Mr. Lawson stating that, because of what I'd said about his business (told the truth) on this forum, he would no longer honor the original additional two year warranty he'd promised, in writing. He is quite clear, and quite rude about it, if anyone wants to see them. (I'd post the quotes/emails here, but that's against GardenWeb forum policy.)

Pure speculation on my part, but it's possible that GE just didn't cancel the warranty after refunding Mr. Lawson and he discovered this yesterday, so now he's saying I "lied" all along. Either way, I'm glad to have the extended warranty if I can really use it. (After everything that has happened to date, I'm in an I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it mode.)

Oh and, as for "saving me money" by making me order months early ... I would have received the new Bluestar if I'd waited and, with the money I paid to move burners (the new Bluestar had the burner configuration I wanted already) the "savings" would have been a wash. Instead, I paid the new price, for the old unit. Something I can't prove, but feel fairly confident, Mr. Lawson knew before he sold it to me (possible getting rid of old stock at my expense?), since anyone who has spoken with him will know he is very up on what is coming next from Bluestar. He talks, and posts, about just such things, a LOT.

Lastly, Mr. Lawson claims my broiler was checked and is working normally. The "check" he is talking about consisted of a man who had never seen a Bluestar before mine (and still never has) turning on the broiler and telling me that if it lights, that's all it's supposed to do. (I never said it doesn't light.)

Bluestar believes this totally inexperienced service person when he says my broiler is fine, which I dispute, but when the same repairperson tells me, and Bluestar, that my oven door won't stay fixed after tightening the hinges--that, with opening, it will come lose again right way, which is has--they say he couldn't possibly know what he's talking about, because he doesn't know about Bluestars. Seriously, this was my response from Bluestar regarding both things, the latter issue under the new guy that everyone keeps saying is better (and, I agree, Matt is definitely a major improvement and actually did fix some things for me, unlike Mr. Bloodgood, who did nothing AND was rude about it).

To come full circle to the original thread topic ... That's Bluestar's service, in a nutshell. At least in my experience.

-Susan W.

• PRO
    15 years ago

Bite Bite Bite Bite......

Way yo go to get me to help you AGAIN................

• zoenipp
    15 years ago

The title of this thread is "Bluestar Maintenance: What's the Truth?". I don't understand why Susan, who has long-term outstanding problems with her Bluestar range for which she is unable to get satisfactory resolution/service, is consistently flamed for posting on this topic.

I remember back when we were researching appliances for our new home and found this website. Susan was a poster at that time and I remember reading about the Bluestar range and then about her trip to Boston to visit Eurostoves and her glowing report on the Bluestar. I almost bought one sight unseen based upon her experience and the glowing reviews of others. However, I'm in Raleigh, NC. Because we had only a fledgling local Bluestar dealer (didn't even have a floor model yet) and our other option (ordering it long-distance) made me, my DH, and our builder nervous regarding potential service, etc., if we should need it later, we opted to choose another range. This seems to be exactly the nightmare scenario that developed for Susan. I'm sorry for her travails (I'm really glad it isn't me) and wish her full resolution. I don't understand why Bluestar or Eurostoves didn't simply replace her stove or refund her $$ a long time ago. Her information and experience seems to me to be a valid concern and a good point to consider for those who may live in an area unfamiliar to Bluestar. I don't see why it isn't valid to this topic. She isn't the only person who has reported problems with a Bluestar. I've read posts about igniter issues, gas leaks, broiler problems, etc., although most owners seem to truly love their ranges. It should be okay for people to post their problems as well as their praises on this forum, regardless of the brand or the enthusiasm of other owners.

I have a 2007 Wolf AG range. I love it and have had no big issues with it. However, I realize there were 3-4 other GW posters who did have unresolved issues with igniters and ultimately Wolf bought back their ranges. I don't resent them for posting their problems. It doesn't in any way invalidate my good experiences with the same product. As far as I can tell, this forum exists to inform/educate potential appliance buyers about the different appliance brands and options in great detail. I am grateful for all of the advice and recommendations I've received on this forum. Everyone needs to chill out - they're just appliances . . .

• PRO
    15 years ago

The reason Bluestar did not replace the range is because as far as they are concerned the broiler works fine. Why should eurostoves or Bluestar replace something that works fine, further bluestar don't have an outstanding service call for this unit.

If Susan wants to address any problem she feels she has Mike Trapp has given her his office direct line and his cell number to this date Susan has not called.

When the service guy went out and he finds nothing wrong with it.

• morton5
    15 years ago

How does that quaint saying go-- "The customer is always right." Seems to me that both BlueStar and Eurostoves have forgotten a basic of customer service, a basic that especially should apply to a high-end product. It really disturbs me to see a vendor call a customer a liar in a public forum, even if the customer is being "difficult"-- it comes across as very unprofessional. Resolve the problem off-line, for goodness sake, and stop baiting her in public. Trevor and BlueStar, if Susan seems incapable of putting in another service call for her broiler, why don't you do it for her? Even if that's not your job, wouldn't that be perferable to seeing her post about it?

This public dispute has no doubt cost BlueStar and Eurostoves more than a buy back of her appliances ever would have. Compare the treatment Susan has received vs. that which Wolf range owners receive-- look at the post on the rubber feet on the Wolf grates, for example. It really makes me think that BlueStar's customer service area is woefully understaffed, even if Matt is a great guy, and that they have incompetent corporate communication. Somebody from the main office should have bought back Susan's stove and silenced Trevor long ago. When you rely on internet forums and WOM to sell your products, you can't afford a dispute like this.

• berryberry
    15 years ago

The title of this thread is "Bluestar Maintenance: What's the Truth?". I don't understand why Susan, who has long-term outstanding problems with her Bluestar range for which she is unable to get satisfactory resolution/service, is consistently flamed for posting on this topic.

I am not sure poiting out inconsistencies in her story - or noting her issue with one vendor has really made the thread confusing is flaming her.

Bottom line is Susan had some issues with Eurostoves. Perhaps there were some issues with Bluestar but to be honest thats hard to tell at this point. Shoot, I must have read half a dozen times about some darn refrigerator that she bought from Eurostoves and was replaced at her request with a different model that cost $600 less and she is sore about not getting $600 back. Add to that the multitude of times she has mentioned ordering the 2006 model to save money (based on her estimated house completion time of Jan 07) but when her house was delayed til April she was upset she didn't get the 2007 model.

C'mon - be realistic here. Susan sure isn't doing so.

At this point who knows what the truth is - this story has had more twists and turns than your best winding road. However WHAT IS CLEAR is Susan's saga has very little to do with answering the question of the thread - "BlueStar Maintenance Issues, What's the Truth?" and have everything to do with her ongoing dispute with Eurostoves and her stated intent to keep on bashing them and Bluestar unless they bought her appliances back.

Morton5 -How does that quaint saying go-- "The customer is always right." . . . .This public dispute has no doubt cost BlueStar and Eurostoves more than a buy back of her appliances ever would have

So are you advocating that companies respond to what some may term online blackmail? Sorry - that doesn't fly in my book. And just to be clear - I have no problem with anyone posting a complaint against a vendor. Shoot, I did so myself in my Livid thread. Also, I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread I did not believe Trevor Lawson to be as forthright as some make him out to be either given he criticized another vendor selling Bluestar over pricing issues and yet his pricing doesn't necessarily toe the line either (so its not like I am here defending him per se). However, continuing an online vendetta because you don't get your way (ie in Susan's case the buy-out she wants) is childish and not helpful to others. Sure, Eurostoves and Bluestar could have taken the easy way out and paid off Susan by buying her stove back to shut her up. But what if they believe they have acted appropriately? Why succomb to threats of online blackmail. To me, sometimes it is better to take a stand on principle than to cave in because someone is threatening you. JMHO

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

"berryberry," please think whatever you want to off me, but you're apparently misreading. You claim that I wrote "half a dozen times about some darn refrigerator that she bought from Eurostoves and was replaced at her request with a different model that cost $600 less and she is sore about not getting $600 back."

The fridge was non-working/damaged on arrival. It was attempted to be fixed many times. In the end, it was leaking water on the floor and the freezer had failed totally (wouldn't cool below 42 degrees). It was replaced with a different model than what I'd paid for, because Jade, the original brand, had gone under/changed hands since the purchase. I was forced to accept a lesser-value exchange OR pay to re-do my cabinets to fit another brand OR wait 12-15 weeks for the Jenn-Air built-to-order through my local dealer. (And to get the buy back, they would have already had to have the other fridge back during that 12-15 week wait. Why they couldn't help my local dealer get the replacement fridge in a reasonable time--so I could buy it from them--I never understood, but it was made clear that wasn't an option.) That's a HUGELY different scenario than "Eurostoves replaced [the fridge with another brand] at her request."

The fridge I paid for had features--namely total stainless steel interior, glass shelves and more of them--that I paid that up-charge to get (I had looked at, and decided against, the Jenn-Air in the purchasing process), and now don't have. How is that fair?

"berryberry," please think whatever you want to off me, but you're apparently misreading. You claim that I wrote "half a dozen times about some darn refrigerator that she bought from Eurostoves and was replaced at her request with a different model that cost $600 less and she is sore about not getting $600 back."

The fridge was non-working/damaged on arrival. It was attempted to be fixed many times. In the end, it was leaking water on the floor and the freezer had failed totally (wouldn't cool below 42 degrees). It was replaced with a different model than what I'd paid for, because Jade, the original brand, had gone under/changed hands since the purchase. I was forced to accept a lesser-value exchange OR pay to re-do my cabinets to fit another brand OR wait 12-15 weeks for the Jenn-Air built-to-order through my local dealer. (And to get the buy back, they would have already had to have the other fridge back during that 12-15 week wait. Why they couldn't help my local dealer get the replacement fridge in a reasonable time--so I could buy it from them--I never understood, but it was made clear that wasn't an option.) That's a HUGELY different scenario than "Eurostoves replaced [the fridge with another brand] at her request."

The fridge I paid for had features--namely total stainless steel interior, glass shelves and more of them--that I paid that up-charge to get (I had looked at, and decided against, the Jenn-Air in the purchasing process), and now don't have. How is that fair?

"Add to that the multitude of times she has mentioned ordering the 2006 model to save money (based on her estimated house completion time of Jan 07) but when her house was delayed til April she was upset she didn't get the 2007 model."

I've NEVER once said I purchased the 2006 Bluestar model to save money. That was Mr. Lawson's claim--that he did me a favor by having me order so early. In fact, we actually spoke--and I have it in writing via email--many times about me not wanting to be stuck with last year's model of anything. (He assured me he would do research and do his best to make sure that didn't happen, though he never guaranteed it.) By the time I ordered my appliances I knew Jan. '07 wasn't likely and I feared I was ordering too early, but again I listened to Mr. Lawson's advice. My point was that, if he hadn't mistakenly shipped my appliances in 10/06, when I didn't need them until 4/07, I would have received the new model AND wouldn't have had to pay extra to move the burners. There was no "savings" at all, despite Mr. Lawson's claim, AND I got an older product.

As I said before, you are definitely correct that the fridge has nothing to do with this thread topic. And, again, I was using it only to clarify my problems with Eurostoves and respond to a poster who cited it as an example of why I should be dis-trusted. (Notice I didn't even mention it until MONTHS after the first posts.)

"Add to that the multitude of times she has mentioned ordering the 2006 model to save money (based on her estimated house completion time of Jan 07) but when her house was delayed til April she was upset she didn't get the 2007 model."

I've NEVER once said I purchased the 2006 Bluestar model to save money. That was Mr. Lawson's claim--that he did me a favor by having me order so early. In fact, we actually spoke--and I have it in writing via email--many times about me not wanting to be stuck with last year's model of anything. (He assured me he would do research and do his best to make sure that didn't happen, though he never guaranteed it.) By the time I ordered my appliances I knew Jan. '07 wasn't likely and I feared I was ordering too early, but again I listened to Mr. Lawson's advice. My point was that, if he hadn't mistakenly shipped my appliances in 10/06, when I didn't need them until 4/07, I would have received the new model AND wouldn't have had to pay extra to move the burners. There was no "savings" at all, despite Mr. Lawson's claim, AND I got an older product.

Also, Mr. Lawson is well aware--because he was copied on the emails too; he even forwarded one back to me, just today--that I have emailed Bluestar multiple times and received no response. Because this entire thing has turned into he-said, she-said, I prefer to keep all communication in writing, since I have been, MANY times in this process, promised/told one thing on the phone and then told I was a liar when I repeated it back. If we do everything in writing, that can't happen, on either side. (Also, again contrary to Mr. Lawson's claim, Mr. Trapp never gave me his cell phone number--not that I think he should--but, Mr. Lawson is correct, because of what I said above, I haven't called. I will add that Mr. Trapp has always had my phone number too, and hasn't called me either.)

Mr. Lawson also sent me a threatening email today saying he was if I "bite him" one more time, he's "done helping me." Whatever that means.

I mean it when I say, I don't care if you agree with me--I respect your right to believe I'm a crackpot--I just can't help but be bothered when what you're saying I said/did just isn't at all accurate.

I never once threatened anyone. I didn't say, if you don't do this, I'll post. I said I'd post if he did something good, just to let him know I'd be fair, and because Mr. Lawson has let me know he's hugely invested in what is written here about him and his company. I HAVE posted to try and get him to do the right thing, but only because I learned, the hard way, that unless you "shame him," as he once said to me himself, he doesn't do anything.

I did say to Bluestar, when they said they wouldn't get my burners working (this was after months and months of round and round), that if they didn't want to deal with me, they could buy my unit back. (I said this to them directly, not via this forum.) That's not a threat, it's just the truth. It was only after the fridge debacle that I even knew such a thing was possible. From install in April to December 2007 I could only use three burners on my six-burner stovetop, and only one worked 100 percent correctly. We paid to have a gas company come out and make sure the line and pressure was correct (Bluestar insisted it couldn't be, even though they wouldn't check) and, even after that proved out, I had to sign a document saying I would pay Bluestar if the person who came out discovered my burners weren't right because of an "install error." It was NOT an install error, by the way, but I never heard a single word of apology, or anything else from Bluestar. I waited eight months--and wasted hours of my life calling, writing and begging, while they told me it wasn't their problem--for a fix that took about 35 minutes. Instead, after my first post in this thread, I got a nasty email from Mr. Trapp that basically said how dare I say anything negative about his company after they did me a favor by getting my burners working.

All I've ever wanted--and I reiterated this to Mr. Lawson today--is the appliances I paid for to work, properly. To receive what I was promised prior to sale. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing special.

Anyway, the reason I usually don't read or post here is because the whole thing has been hugely stressful for me and now I'm right back there in that bad place where I walk around all day feeling sick to my stomach, flabbergasted and confused at how people are so angry at me for telling my story--or how they can so totally misunderstand my comments and intentions. It seems like if I keep it simple and just state my broad complaint, I'm slammed for being vague, and if I then go back and explain my issues in detail, I'm told I'm "changing my story."

I hope no one ever has to go through ANY of the things I have had to go through, with any vendor or product.

-Susan W.

• PRO
    15 years ago

Susan W. Get a life and move on, you seem to be a very vindictive and hurtful person with nothing better to do. You have killed a very informative thread with your repeated ridiculous mixed up postings.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Mr. Lawson,
    I don't think telling a customer to "get a life" or "bite, bite, bite" is good business manners. It's very apparent from reading all of this that you and Bluestar should have replaced Susan's range a long time ago. Imagine, if you had, how Susan would feel and how you and Bluestar would look. IMHO, the ball is in your court to end not only this thread, but a customer's obvious dissatisfaction. Replacing Susan's range is the right thing to do. The cost to you and Bluestar will be minimal and the gain will be great in your public relations. I personally, could not buy a Bluestar after reading all of this, and that is unfortunate, because it seems like there are many advantages to this particular range. I am sure I am not alone in this decision. I hope this very long thread eventually ends with the good news that Bluestar and Eurostoves has done the right thing. I leave you with a link that offers good advice for those in sales regarding their customers.

http://www.imakenews.com/worldwit/e_article000487526.cfm?x=b11,0,w

• PRO
    15 years ago

If Susan really really simply wanted her Broiler to be fixed she would call Bluestar, instead she insist on posting and uses words like Goading this is not someone who wants problems resolved but someone who is looking to force and as stated above blackmail me or Bluestar to do what she thinks is right. the facts remain the broiler was looked at by a service company and found to be working as expected.

Now the warrant issue has been resolved as i said above its time to move on.

• edlakin
    15 years ago

that post seems egregiously unnecessary and highly unprofessional, trevor.

your credibility just dropped a few pegs in my book.

if i'd have endured a quarter of what susan claims happened to her, i'd probably be twice as pissed. regardless of who's in the right on the appliance issue, i do believe you owe her an apology for your "get a life" and "nothing better to do" comment. that's simply uncalled for.

• susanandmarkw
    15 years ago

Mr. Lawson,

I HAVE contacted Bluestar, repeatedly. But you already know that, as you were cc'ed on every email. I've told them the door still flops open and was only fixed for a few weeks, at most. You, and Bluestar, have made it clear you don't care if the broiler works or not. The oven door is a huge safety hazard. I can't use the oven, or the broiler (even if it did work great, as you claim), when the door can open at a touch.

Also, it's a minor detail, but a quick search of this web page shows the only time the word "goading" has appeared (prior to me just typing it there) is in your message. So, I'm not sure what you mean by that all.

You've had my money for a year-and-a-half now. I still don't have what I paid you for.

And, just for the record, I haven't actually talked about range replacement/buy back since the burner issue was resolved last December. (I mentioned it, briefly, in two emails to Bluestar, back in November, before they agreed to adjust the burners.) I would like to have the range fixed, though. (And, if they don't want to, they are, of course, welcome to replace/buy back, but I'm far from demanding anything of the sort.)

-Susan W.

• ctkathy
    15 years ago

I had a major kitchen remodel recently that included all new appliances (many bought from Eurostoves) and a lot of construction. I had problems with almost all of my appliances, including the ones I bought from Eurostoves. Hopefully the problems have been repaired/resolved.

Throughout this process and now, at the end of the day, the contractor seems unable to finish even though we owe him money. Am I able to move on and 'get a life'? No. This project has to be finished to a certain level so that everyone feels satisfied.

I know how frustrating it was for me to try to get this gas leak fixed and the only way it was resolved was for me to get the repair guy (one step above useless) and the gas company guy out here together. That required some orchestration! Every time the gas company guy came out I got a big bill--is that right?

Susan should be able to expect her appliances to function properly. Frankly, if that is not happening and every day she is using those appliances, it will be impossible to move on.

• ya_think
    15 years ago

"your credibility just dropped a few pegs in my book."

Mine too. Today. I am sure I have not read every thread and all the history. But all along until now through what I have read I have given both sides the benefit of the doubt that this has just been a bad misunderstanding. In the back of my mind I have always had a suspicion that Susan is a bit dillusional. That is changing now. While she has made a few statements that a lawyer would argue are inconsistent, I have yet to read one post that implies she wants anything more than appliances that work as they should.

Some of this crap has me thinking I should have counsel and videographer beside me the next time I set foot in an appliance store to so much as browse. Sheesh.

"Way yo [sic] go to get me to help you AGAIN................"

If her appliances are A-OK, why would she need you to help?

• PRO
    15 years ago

Edlakin.....i agree on reflection uncalled for but you must understand not only Susan feels frustrated here

Susan I apologize

I again repeat BLUESTAR say her range is in perfect working order.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner