Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Bluestar Owners - Post Pictures of UR Range

MichelleDT
12 years ago

Along the lines of the Capital Owners picture post, post pics of your range, hood and kitchen. I would love to see finished kitchens with a BS range - with 190 color options, it would be fun to see a "range of colors".

We are months away from install and are still debating between color 9007 or one of the blacks (9004, 9005, 9011 or 9017).

Thanks!

M

Comments (22)

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Here's mine.

-Stooxie

• willtv
    12 years ago

Here's our 36" 6 burner in jet black.
    We love it!

...and a link to our finished kitchen which has a few more shots.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluestar in it's natural environment

• shorts
    12 years ago

Our 36" in our completed kitchen, 1 year ago:

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Stooxie - Love the blue with that beautiful backsplash.

Willtv - Love black and white! Beautiful kitchen.

There have to be more BS ranges out there in GW land.

• tyguy
    12 years ago

mine isn't really "picture ready" yet, and is stainless.

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Love the blue and white combo!

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Does anybody have colored knobs? Any idea how much they cost?

• sayde
    12 years ago

Here is my 30 RNB. It is bottle green.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• willtv
    12 years ago

Sorry to hijack but,
    Bee,
    Here's a clipping from a previous post by "mojavean"
    "if you order the knobs to MATCH your paint scheme, e.g., purple range, purple knobs, then the extra charge is $48.00 per knob. On the other hand, if you buy a stainless range, or order contrasting or complementary knobs, e.g., red range, white and blue knobs, then the charge per knob is $60. But if you order the range in black, then the black knobs are no charge!"

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bottle Green is cool too!

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

willtv---"$60per knob"????

No wonder you don't see them.

I wonder if I opt not to get knobs on the range top if I get a credit? Then I could apply that credit to the colored knobs...

"Hi, I'd like to order my rangetop now without any knobs"

"yes, no knobs. How much of a credit will that be?"

"oh, your calculator only adds. I see"

• willtv
    12 years ago

Bee,
    Too funny.

• stooxie
    12 years ago

Bee,

A credit? That's like me saying if I opt not to get the optional option then I should be compensated.

The black knobs "don't cost anything" because it's the default color and Bluestar can crank them out a zillion at a time. Anything beyond that requires someone to get the color, apply the color to the knobs, carefully hang the knobs, bake them, etc. If you get knobs to match the range color than they can combine many of those tasks, at least with the colored powders.

If you do different colors it costs more. More powders, more cleaning, more effort. The million dollar robots that do everything at the click of a button are at the Toyota plant, I am guessing Bluestar doesn't have any! :-)

Now, I can't tell you that $48 each is a far price. I'd figure maybe $100 upcharge for a set no matter how many you were doing but I don't run the company.

My only point is that it's reasonable to charge something for it since represents real labor.

-Stooxie

• tubeman
    12 years ago

Id like a sip of that Makers Mark!

• new_to_sc
    12 years ago

Ours was just delivered this week and is sitting in the garage - technically still in the box. But here's a peak. Can't wait to see it in our finished kitchen!

This is the Marcus Samuelsson version in Enchanted Silver.

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@Dolode - OMGEEEEEEEEE....beautiful! Wish that came in a 60" version!

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Dolode--that looks great!

And as far as the knobs go....maybe if they had something like "knob socks", so you could change them depending on your mood! That would be cool.

Quoted $41 if order them at time of ordering range top, $51 if you do it later.

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bee - what color knobs are you looking at?

• cottonpenny
    12 years ago

Anyone have a picture of the rangetop? Particularly if installed in a regular 24 base cabinet...??

• yebo
    12 years ago

On BS website, prices for pre-colored knowbs(apparently for both oven or rangetop) are Black $40; Sapphire Blue and Brown Red $50. Plus S/H apparently now being charged. Separate ones for Bake/Broil and for High/Low Burner - with same price.

Here is a link that might be useful: BS ordering page for pre-colored knobs

• otterkill
    11 years ago

This is my new violet-bordeaux (Ral 4004) Bluestar.