Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you think of this appliances decision?

Posted by Kitten1313 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 11:46

What do you think? What would you keep? What would you change?

Wolf 36 inch range with griddle
Wolf steam oven in wall
Subzero 48 inch side by side
Miele dishwasher (haven't decided on model)
Sharp microwave drawer
Uline undercounter ice machine
Uline ref/freezer drawers
(not certain about Uline for ice and drawers)

OR

Jenn Air induction cooktop
Electrolux Icon wall oven
Wolf Steam oven
the rest is the same as above.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of this appliances decision?

JMO: I would get the plumbed Gaggenau combi steam oven over the Wolf. I am pretty sure my gagg gets a lot of work since I don't have to add water. Love my Miele DW and my 36" Wolf DF range. Sounds great!

o

thanks for the feedback. Any idea on the price difference between the two combis?

o

They have changed the Gagg since I purchased it over 6 years ago, and the model I have is selling by an independant vendor on Amazon for a song at $1699! It is advertised as 27", but the specs below state 24" wide. It's a left hinge. I am so tempted to buy one to have on hand if this one dies! I think the new model is about 4,500-5,000. Current shoppers can chime in here. The Wolf supposedly has an MSRP of 3,500.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gaggenau combi on Amazon

o

Definitely the Miele dishwasher. I never knew a dishwasher could work so flawlessly!

o

Filling the H20 res isn't a big deal, you can do it while the oven is on. Also, you probably will only need to fill it at the beginning of a bake cycle (lasts a while). For some reason the Gagg owners see that as a deal breaker. The current model Gagg is about 2x the cost of the Wolf which has a larger capacity. Filling an easily accessible res certainly shouldn't keep one from experiencing the goodness of a steam oven. I have one but have no affiliation w/Wolf, I've seen numerous posts extolling the virtues of a plumbed oven as if one couldn't simply fill a reservoir.
Whatever. :)

This post was edited by Mistman on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 21:34

o

Nice list. Undercounter Uline refrigerator (or other manufacturer) is nice on not crossing into kitchen proper. Watch the ice makers though: lots of reviews point to problems with frosting of freezer in the UC fridge/freezer combo, or freezing above if fridge drawer is over ice drawer. I would not be happy. I'm opting for just the UC refrigerator due to this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here