vicnsb
16 years ago

Does anyone have any info on the 36 Liebherr coming out

this year?

Thanks!

Comments (56)

• remodelfla
    16 years ago

Do you know if the $5000 price is for the built in or free standing unit?

• luisa_at_home
    16 years ago

I have the photos on my desktop as jpegs but don´t know how to attach it to this post. Help!

• remodelfla
    16 years ago

I just learned how to imbed pics last night. Open up an account at photobucket.com (free) Then once you upload your pics from your computer or camera to photobucket you just copy the html address and paste it into your post. I think that's what I did.... HTH

• luisa_at_home
    16 years ago

I can't seem to do it through photobucket since I don't have a cell phone. Thanks anyway. Any other ideas about embedding photos out there?
    Thanks.

• alexrander
    16 years ago

Looks great. It is top frige, bottom freezer. French doors are nice because they don't swing out as far into the kitchen when opened.

• remodelfla
    16 years ago

I didn't upload my pics through a cell phone. I loaded them from my camera onto iphoto on my computer (mac user) and then once on photobucket; you can "browse' your system and then choose the application/photo you want to upload. Once the photo is there, you can name it to make it easy recognition. Then you'll see about 3 URL's that photobucket gives you for each photo. I believe it's the one in html formal that you copy and paste on this forum right in your message. When you preview before posting, you'll see it as an actual photo.

• luisa_at_home
    16 years ago

Ta-Dah
    Thanks remodelfla

• remodelfla
    16 years ago

That is gorgeous! I would still love to know if the 5K price is for the built in or free standing. That unit is free standing?

• luisa_at_home
    16 years ago

The price is for the model shown. There will also be a built-in. Also, info is available through the following website FYI & they answer questions very promptly.
    Good luck.
    www.WarnersStellian.com

• artielange
    16 years ago

I was quoted a price today from my local appliance store of $5799 for the built-in. Retail $ is $7290. This is quite a bit more than the 30".

• vicnsb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks it really looks nice. Wish I could see the interior.
    I will check the website posted above.

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Does anyone have any more recent information on when the 2062 series will truly be available? I, too, have started leaning towards planning my remodel around it. However, after months of claiming the 2062 series would debut in June 2008, Liebherr's website is now saying "Summer 2008." I'm on the verge of ordering cabs and really need to know whether I'm going "fully integrated" with this Liebherr or not! Got clues?

• alyson_2008
    15 years ago

When I walked into my local dealership I wanted a GE Monogram. Then I saw the Liebherr line. Gorgeous! But all models too big or too small for me. Then I heard about the coming attraction.... A 36" model with top French doors and two bottom freezer drawers. I was handed a flimsy brochure with one small photograph. And I fell in love! Am I crazy? My dealer says (and I'm in a VERY rural area of the Hudson River Valley in Upstate NY) that he's already sold three without having the first one arrive in his showroom. They're shipping now. I'm thinking of putting my name on the fourth he has on hold. Has anyone actually seen the beast? And what do we think of the brand in general?

• mary_in_nc
    15 years ago

Liebherr is German made with a solid reputation. I have the 30in and love it. It is enough for me, DH and two sons. Incredibly efficient design.

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Since I posted last month, I have learned that the Liebherr 2062 line will likely come to market in mid-July. I have talked to three dealers and a designer (Rococogurl) who have seen the product and give it rave reviews. At this point, I'm about 90% ready to take the plunge and buy it sight unseen. That's largely because Liebherr has an excellent reputation, the 2062 FD w/bottom freezer,fully integrated unit totally fits my space needs and, I think it looks gorgeous! (That, even if, like you, I only have photos to go on.)

If you search these archives, you will see that most people who own a Liebherr say they love it. I have also seen a couple of posts by non-owners who stated that they thought the Liebherr's glass/steel shelving system looks "flimsy." I did not have that impression when I saw the 24" model. In any event, Liebherr states that the 2062's glassline shelves on are "enhanced" and capable of handling 180 lbs each. Doesn't sound like flimsy shelving to me!

Good luck and let us know if you place an order for one; I'll do the same.

• alyson_2008
    15 years ago

Marthavila, I'm with you about loving the design of the Liebherr in general. Wow! As for the shelving -- that's something I particularly love. Simple, elegant, understated glass. Real deal. You can't find that in any other line!! Also good to hear from Mary that the 30 is already big for her and her family. We are two. One concern: I like the concept of BioFresh and this model doesn't have it. Will I feel I didn't get "it all" in terms of the great engineering this line offers? Or, is BioFresh just something to promote? Is it complicated to use? My version of BioFresh is to wrap the lettuce leaves in a clean, damp dishcloth and Voila! Very fresh for days. Anybody?

Oh, by the way, my dealer sounds confident he can get this model to me by my mid-August move in date. Hope he's not being over optimistic!

• wallycat
    15 years ago

I saw the 36" in person at one of the local appliance dealers last month. Beautiful.
    I currently have a whirlpool "all fridge" and it has nice glass shelves as well, which are great when spills occur.
    I've convinced DH we must have this.
    I love the two drawer freezer as well. Also, if you don't want to plumb the ice maker, you simply don't...it sits in the top freezer drawer.

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Wallycat, do you mind telling us what area is "local" for you? Alyson and I, (and probably a whole host of others) would love to be able to see this new Liebherr in person!

• wallycat
    15 years ago

I am in the general Milwaukee, Wisconsin area.
    I was also quoted about 4,999 or some such number but I don't know if that was free-standing or built in.
    If "summer" is the projected, maybe it will be everywhere within the month.

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Thanks, Wallycat. As I suspected, your local appliance dealers are far from "local" for me. (Anyone who knows of a 2062 on display anywhere in the NYC metro area, please do tell!)

I'm thinking that 5k price quote is for the free standing unit (CS 2062). I'm looking at the built-in with custom panels (HC 2062) and have been getting quotes in the $5800 -5900 range.

• alyson_2008
    15 years ago

Hi marthavila & wallycat! I, too, have a quote around $5,000. but don't know if it's built-in (which is what I'll want) but in the SS anyway. My dealer says he's going to get it in "soon" but I'm sure even he doesn't know what that means. I'm in upstate NY in the Hudson River Valley 2 hours North of NYC. I escaped the Evil Empire after 25 years of pain & bliss. Wallycat: define beautiful. I'm seriously considering the idea of ordering this blind. I love it already. And what about the biofresh gizmo? Do we care?

• amysrq
    15 years ago

My local dealer was supposed to have this by now. As of two days ago it is still not in.

Here's a question for anyone who has seen this baby...or may have a Liebherr already. I am only 5'1" and cannot reach the top shelf of either the SubZero 736TC or the Bosch Integra Bottom Freezer. Yikes! Last fridge was a SZ 650...no problem reaching the top shelf since the compressor on top pushed the storage area down to my level.

Does anyone know if I will have a problem reaching the top shelf on the new Liebherr 36?

• rococogurl
    15 years ago

I have seen it and there's a photo of it at http://www.atticmag.com/kitchenswelove/appliances.html

I believe the shelves are adjustable.

• amysrq
    15 years ago

Thanks Rococo. Even if the shelves are adjustable, if I can't reach the top, it will be problematic. I could relegate DH's smelly foods to that shelf (herring, Morbier, etc.) but it seems like a waste.

If I can raise it so high as to be just enough to hold bottles, I could keep mineral water and wine up there. But the door shelves look too damn high, too. Oh, this is sad...

• Vivian Kaufman
    15 years ago

Oh my, that is one gorgeous refrigerator!

I could easily plan an entire kitchen around that. ....and my next one just might be.....LOL

• mary_in_nc
    15 years ago

I have the 30in model. I am 5'2" and have no problem reaching the top shelf.

• annab6
    15 years ago

I am also in NYC area and want to see this refrigerator. I was told they have been shipped and should be in stores by mid-august. I really like the configuration but need to decide now, can't wait till August.

Question to Luisa, Wallycat and others who have seen it in person, is the interior similar to the 30" one and the 24" one as far as materials, shelf design, drawer design etc.?
    Is the ice maker in the top freezer drawer or the bottom one?

annab6

• marthavila
    15 years ago

I am in NYC too and hearing similar remarks re the mid-August shipment to showrooms. This worries me only because I've been hearing about this "next 30 days," "in a couple of weeks" claim of shipment for months now! Like you, I have a need to see a product in person that will come close to $6k in cost before I commit to its purchase. It's only because of other project delays that I've been able to keep stalling on putting in my cab order. But, I can't keep stalling my whole project on one appliance that has never even been market tested! I dunno know. Much as I think I will really love this refrigerator, I just might have to abandon this dream if I can't get to see it and touch it real soon. Sigh!

• annab6
    15 years ago

Yes Marthavila, we are exactly in the same boat. I love the configuration of the subzero 736TCI which is a 36" and has two freezer drawers at about the same height as the Liebherr. But it is even more expensive and it sounds like SubZero has a not-so-good repair history.

So I asked the question about the interior because i think that if the interior of the Liebherr is similar to their 30" model, I can probably picture that inside the subzero box and with the french doors.

Unfortunately DH is not very happy with the Liebherr 30" veggie drawers so it would take some convincing if I really wanted it.

• annab6
    15 years ago

bump

Still hoping that someone can describe the interior of the new Liebherr fridge in comparison to their other models

annab

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Have you seen the video on the Liebherr appliance website? Between that and the pics they show it gives a pretty good idea of what the new refrigerator will look like.

• aioli
    15 years ago

Saw this at the BCBG conference in San Francisco last month. Too bad the convention model was poorly installed, i.e., on carpet and not level. It was nice and very different from other FD fridges on the market. We really wanted it to be "the one," but noticed that the doors just didn't open wide enough and IMHO, I felt cramped between the doors. Granted, I'm a bit of a wide-bodied model myself, but my tall Viking husband felt the same way. Also, from the perspective of "if they are going to tool this specifically for the American market," why didn't they give it the BioFresh features on the other models? If we had the extra room, we would go for the 48" model with the wine chiller feature, but our max measurement is 42" wide. So...ultimately decided to pass on the 36" (we were interested in the fully integrated version), and are going to buy the Bosch FD instead.

Disappointed but resolved,
    Maxine

• annab6
    15 years ago

aioli, thank you so much for posting this. I think I will try to wait and see then, don't want to make a bad decision on this one.

pluckymama, i did watch the video, but it is an advertisement, so personal opinions like aioli's are extremely helpful

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

I agree, there is nothing like seeing an appliance first before you purchase it. No question, that is the best way to avoid disappointment. Hopefully, it will be in stores next month. If not, the Bosch Integra or the Thermador Freedom are very good options.

• dominus
    15 years ago

>why didn't they give it the BioFresh features on the other models?
    >going to buy the Bosch FD instead.
    Dear aioli, please note that the Bosch FD does not have a BioFresh (T=0) camera too, only usual veg drawers. But is it a really necessary feature? If so, why do Gaggenau and Thermador not use it in their FDs?

• marthavila
    15 years ago

One of the dealers I spoke with - who was also one of the most enthusiastic advocates of Liebherr products -- echoed Aioli's disappointment with the 2062's install when he saw it at a trade show last year. He explained that when Liebherr displayed the prototype, it was with the qualification that the line still needed tweaking before coming to market. I can understand there being a gap between a manufacturer's unveiling of a new product line and actually having it market-ready. And, while I think it makes a whole lot more sense for Liebherr to get it "right" with the 2062 than simply speed production forward in order to meet the reno timelines of potential customer, I just don't know how much longer I can wait. (I also admit that, in this economy, I'm becoming a bit more conservative in some of my purchasing decisions!) Supposedly, the baby will be delivered mid-August.

• yoyoma
    15 years ago

According to the Liebherr person from Canada I spoke to today, the reason for the delay was problems with the door gasket in the middle which caused the soft close feature to not work. This has finally been fixed and if the door is at 30 degree (or possibly 45) angle both right/left doors will close automatically. He also said it should be shipping middle to LATE August.

• haymes_insightbb_com
    15 years ago

I have this refrigerator installed in my new remodeled kitchen. It was the first appliance we bought (March-08) and the last to be installed (August-08). Bar far the costliest new appliance of the remodel. We have the fully integrated unit. We love the appearance both inside and out. However, we have had many major issues with this unit.

1st. After installation, the ice-maker did not work. After calling Leibherr customer service and given reset instructions, we noticed water that was supposed to go to ice trays when the water valve opened was being dumped on my floor. After a very very bad customer service experience that in itself makes the purchase regrettable, the unit was fixed by a Leibherr repair company.

2nd. While the ice-maker was being repaired I made the service person aware of an issue with the french doors unable to self close independently. He said this was an issue that would self resolve after the cabinet panels were installed. Panels get installed and the issue gets worse. Doors cannot be independently opened without pulling the other door open with it. And the doors have to be manually forced shut. After another call to Leibherr, I was told that this is an issue with even the floor models and this is how the unit was apparently designed and operates. I was asked to email my problem and it would be forwarded to Germany........that's it. My hope is that Leibherr will eventually resolve my issue.

My recommendation is to wait for refinements or go with another manufacturer.

• annab6
    15 years ago

JHaymes, since you bought yours in March, is it possible that the problem was corrected on the integrated models sold now as per yoyoma's post above? Did the customer service mention anything like that?

• ky2062ed
    15 years ago

annab6

I should have clarified. I 'paid' for the fridge in March with the promise of early June delivery. Many promises about July and an excuse about a highjacked delivery truck in New Jersey further delayed the delivery. (Not sure if this is true as it came from the dealer who has had my money .../) Finally had delivery and installation in mid/late August.

Customer service only said to send a detailed email that would be forwarded to Liebherr headquarters... I thought I might have a unique issue with the doors but I am finding this is universal.

ANY OWNERS WHO DO NOT HAVE AN ISSUE WITHE THE DOORS?

• alyson_2008
    15 years ago

Personally I am glad they make a built in model in my price range ($5,000) without self-close cafe doors. The $6,500 fully integrated model would have pushed my budget. If you want self close you can have it. Just purchase the fully integrated model. If the fully integrated does not operate as a soft close you do have a problem! And they should fix it or refund you the difference.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

I put a call into Liebherr to ask about the doors as our fridge is ready for delivery and we don't want to accept delivery if it is going to be a problem fridge. They said they had an earlier shipment that went out and had problems and now they have corrected the self-close door problems. They went with very strong magnets in the gasket between the french doors instead of the movable rubber strip in most french doors and that is causing both doors to move when one door is opened. Personally, I'm now very nervous.

• ky2062ed
    15 years ago

My situation is about the bulge up behind white sensor wires.

The rubber strip along the vertical length of the doors is not even because Leibherr has white heavy wires underneath the rubber lining at the top of both doors which make the even plumb bulge out at the top 6 inches of the marriage. The doors catch themselves at the top when they try to close. I think the wires are part of the sensor that tells you if the door has been left ajar. Irony? I think so.

• enereng
    15 years ago

I have had the Liebherr 36'since the end of Sept. It is a free standing model that was integrated in a European kitchen. I had two issues right off the bat. There was a magnet missing which was preventing the freeze from knowing
    if the drawers were shut. This would not let the ice maker work, or the freezer light come on. I called Liebherr and was walked thru my issues they sent me the magnet which just snaped in. All the functions of the freezer worked, including the Ice maker. It now is awesome.
    The door issue is becoming annoying. Thats why they need the open alarm. This refer. is Environmently friendly Very Green. From the factory they are made in, to the LED lighting.
    I would be interested in finding out how Liebherr solves the door issue.
    Phil

• zpichkar_gmail_com
    15 years ago

Someone told me that this model is very noisy. Is it true? Any issues with the noise?

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

No, our Liebherr 2062 is very quiet. Can't hear it at all.

• daviddesj
    14 years ago

I see that the HC 2062 has cooling air intake and exhaust both at the bottom. This is unlike every other Liebherr unit which take in air at the bottom and vent it behind the unit and out the top. Venting the warm air at the top creates a natural convection effect which allows the unit to operate without a fan to move air. Does the HC 2062 have fans to move air in and out? I am worried that those fans will make it noisier than other Liebherr units.

• jcannuck
    14 years ago

Mine's arriving this week!!! We got the freestanding model as well....Can't wait to see how it goes!

• marthavila
    14 years ago

David, you may be overthinking this (although for an appliance purchase this costly, I suppose I can't blame you for wanting to be aware of all potential landmines in advance!) FWIW, and although I can't discuss the engineering of my HC 2062, I can tell you that this machine runs whisper quiet. I am very happy for having taken the plunge and opting for a Liebherr.

Jcannuck, here's wishing you a smooth, hassle-free installation!

• jschreib_olympus_net
    13 years ago

I'm thinking of buying the Liebherr 36" free standing model (CS2062) but read a review that indicated problems with the freezer drawers, which they described as cheaply constructed and don't automatically close. Perhaps they have corrected the problems in the 2010 model. Any experience with this?

I agree the refrigerator is beautiful and green, but the drawer issue, in particular, has me concerned. Thanks for letting me know your experience with this refrigerator if you purchased one and have had it for awhile.

Thanks!