Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lars6153

Morice french cooker (Delaubrac Lacornue users might be helpful?)

lars6153
15 years ago

Hi!

I´m about to buy a used Morice cooker.

It´s a professional style cooker, stainless steel, all gas.

Do any one have experience of this brand?

This is my first gas cooker.

It has been used by a pro (it´s dirty as h..., and the "coup de feu" is cracked).

I will change the "coup de feu".

But do any one know if there is essential parts that has to be replaced when one buy a used gas cooker (for safety reasons etc.)?

The set up is of the cooker is two burners an one "coup de feu".

How does the "coup" works (I saw that Lacornue and Delaubrac have similar simmer plates)?

/Lars

Comments (6)

• kitchendetective
    15 years ago

I can't answer your question, but my understanding is that Morice no longer markets in the U.S.--even though they are beautiful cookers. You can find info. on French tops in general in the Lacanche threads on this site. As to parts and service, I think you'll have a difficult time in the U.S.

• lars6153
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for your respons!

I live in Sweden, and i have bought the cooker from a restaurant in France.

As for Morice in Sweden, i guess there never has been Morice cookers for sale in Sweden. Just Delaubrac Lacornue and Lacanche.

I have been in contact with Morice in france and they confirm that have spare parts for there cookers. There support seems to be great!

There is a small market for this type of cookers in Sweden, the only feedback i have seen about this kind of cookers so far is on Garden Web.

• HadesHounds
    10 years ago

I'm hitting massive brick walls even trying to find a website that features Morice or Delaubrac stoves and am hoping somebody out there can help out. Metallo Arts was listed as the US distributor for Delaubrac, but it looks like the company dissolved following a pretty ugly business dispute. And the Morice website for the Us doesn't link anymore either. Any suggestions? I'm willing to send away to France for info, but don't know who to contact. Cheers! Laura

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

For Delaubrac, you might contact Estate Kitchens in NY. They seem to sell a few French range brands.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delaubrac at Estate Kitchens

• lars6153
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi!
    Thereôs been a long time since Morice ceased to exist as a maker of ranges.
    You might find them secondhand or as sellouts.
    For parts: http://www.illico-france.fr
    I have a Morice and though it is a higher quality product then the Delaubrac (or even a La cornue), I would recommend to for a Delaubrac, since it has a more useful (bigger...) coup de feu.
    If you not specifically into just Delaubrac ranges, but french ranges in generally, I would recommend to look for a Charvet or Caumartin. Charvet standard ranges is the best you can get for a decent amount of money.
    What one can spot on the site of Caumartin, http://www.caumartin.com , itôs seems to be a super quality product, it has a lot in common with the Charvet bespoke ranges.
    They seems to have a distributor i USA: http://www.caumartinusa.com

• HadesHounds
    10 years ago

Thanks breezygirl and lars6153! Yes,naturally AFTER I posted I found the Estate Kitchens website. I'm finding this forum sort of challenging to search-specific terms yeild weird results, including all sorts of plant discussions(I love plants, but that sure as heck wasn't what I was looking for!)
    I'm an avid cook, entertain endlessly (because I have huge family and a ton of kids. well, maybe not a ton-five. It just FEELS like a ton lol. We're hoping to be able to remodel the kitchen this year, and knowing how the DH operates, I figure I'd better get started on my appliance searches now. I'm searching for a french style gas stove (Diva de provence makes them as well as the induction tops, but I can't seem to glean enough info off their site, probably because it's been translated from French.
    I'd love a Molteni, but then I'd have to sell a couple of the kids to pay for it, that or a lung.
    So i'm trying to explore some of the other brands. I live in the US-California to be exact, so I'm not 100% sure where to start. help!