Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babs711_gw

happy with your gas range for baking (bs or thermador)?

babs711
12 years ago

For our build I had started out looking at the following 36" ranges:

Blue star (gas)

Kitchenaid (dual fuel)

GE Monogram (dual fuel)

While really looking in person yesterday, I found that Thermador's Pro Harmony (gas) is doing a promo for a free dishwasher with purchase of their range. For $500 you can up to their top line dishwasher. That puts that total to around $5600 which is around the price of the Bluestar alone.

I also found that both the Kitchenaid and GE Mono DF ranges came out to be more expensive than the Blue Star alone and the Thermador with DW. This surprised me even though they were dual fuel. I think of Thermador and BS as being pricier. That was definitely not the case.

In talking with my builder this morning, he mentioned my baking and asked if I was sure I didn't want an electric oven and encouraged me to take a couple of days to be certain.

I feel like ALL I've been doing is researching for months! Does gas with convection give good baking results for people who enjoy doing so? I'm no professional but bake several times a month.

I thought I was settled on a mechanism and now I'm second guessing all over again!

On another note, I will save about $1200-1500 by getting the dishwasher with the Thermador. But can anyone help me rationalize doing this or spending that to get the BS and purchasing a DW? Will I be as satisfied with the Thermador in terms of the range and baking/cooking overall?

Comments (6)