Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frankieto

Bertazzoni - Do you have one?

frankieto
11 years ago

This is going out to all the Berta owners. Can you please provide me with your feedback about being the proud owner of a Berta gas range. I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly. I have narrowed down my search for a gas range and Berta is one of the ranges that has made the final cut. So please give me your input on how easy it is to use (I have read reviews that it is difficult) and also let me know how easy/difficult it is to maintain it.

Thanks

Comments (4)

• maryandersong
    11 years ago

I own a 36" all gas range. I bought it because it gave me the look and the cook top power I needed for much less than Viking or Wolf. I am basically happy with my decision, but there are a few thin gs you should know. I have propane instead of natural gas and Bertazzoni had the same BTUs for propane as natural gas. The Viking and Wolf would have had the same BTUs as the Berta with propane, but higher with Natural gas. So it BTUs are really important to you, you need to take this into consideration. I have not had any problem with the amount of heat on the cook top. I do have an issue with the ability to control the heat. I plan to check with the company to see if there is an adjustment that can be made. When you turn the knobs to lower the heat nothing happens for quite a while. It is almost as if there is only two levels, high and low. That being said, cooking on my cook top has been rather worry free and I have been very happy. I got the 5 burner model which has been great. I wanted plenty of room for more than one big pot and it works very well. I really love the dual ring burner in the middle for my wok.
    Very important note: If you did get an all gas Bertazzoni, make sure that when it is installed that the installers make the adjustment needed so that you can adjust the heat for the oven. Viking and Wolf don't need this and many installers don't know about it. It is part of the installation instructions and if my installers had not been such guys about this and had been willing to look at the installation instructions I would not have spent the whole summer charring things! My big negative about my Berta is my fault. I was trying to save money by getting the all gas instead of the dual fuel and I am having a hard time getting the oven clean. It may have something to do with a summer of baking everything at 500 degrees. :) Spills may have gotten fused to the bottom. Fortunately, I have an electric wall oven which is self cleaning so now I use that if I expect a mess. Lesson learned. Hope this helps.

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    11 years ago

I have a 36" drop in cooktop, the 6 burner one, so can't comment on the oven. My experience is different to the last poster, maryandersong - the response to turning down the knobs is instant: very responsive. I am also using propane, so I suggest that a call to the gas folk would be in order!
    The cooktop is easy to clean - soapy sponge and a wipe with a microfibre cloth.
    Some people seem to find the need to hold the knob down for a few seconds after ignition to be frustrating, but really once you've done it a few times, it's a no-brainer thing and no trouble at all.
    I have put the grids through a dishwasher cycle, but generally just wipe them down or wash them in the sink.

• BluCasetta
    11 years ago

I am the proud owner of a Bertazzoni 30" gas range. I love it. I've only had it two months, but I've really put it through its paces. I am so glad we made this decision. We looked at other options (we had some depth restrictions and a venting concern), but we could not be happier. Make sure to get it professionally installed -- there are thermocouplers and other things that need to be done -- but I really have to say it's a pleasure to cook on and bake in. Hope that helps! Good luck with your decision!!

• jgopp
    11 years ago

I wrote this a while back...

Here is a link that might be useful: Berta review