Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Modern-Aire PS10-10 price less than I expected

Posted by polie (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 12 at 10:17

Modern-Aire range hoods certainly have a fan club here on GardenWeb. I sent them an email and was quoted a price of $1034 for the Modern-Aire PS10-10 hood in brushed satin stainless steel with a 600cfm internal blower. That's a lot less expensive than I would have expected. I was fearing many thousands of dollars!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Modern-Aire PS10-10 price less than I expected

Thousands of dollars are for larger chimney hoods with duct covers,big cfm external blowers and hoods done in more exotic metals.

Basic undercabinet hood with internal blower,as you can see,is more popularly priced.

Even their basic hoods are very high quality.

o

I'm glad for you. What size are you quoting? 30"? As Dee mentioned, going up in size from there jacks the price up exponentially.

Are you going with the MA then?

o

That $1034 quote was for the PS10-10 model 36 inches wide and 27 inches deep. Still in the investigation phase for a kitchen remodeling project, but it does seem like Modern-Aire would be the way to go regarding a range hood.

o

Good choice on a Modern Aire PS10. They are exceptionally well made, robust and they use very high quality materials - for example stainless steel comes in many flavours - they use 304 which is very high grade - a tip when buying your appliances - use a magnet against stainless steel - if the magnet sticks its not very high quality stainless. Compare details such as switching - Modern Aire uses variable switches that enable you to dial the fan speed right down as well as dimmable light setiings.

We have been in the range hood business for more than 15 years and sold a number of brands - we sell Modern Aire in Canada and are very happy with the quality and have minimal, almost zero service issues - and they are great to work with

Here is a link that might be useful: Modern Aire Canada Distributor

o

That link was broken, jackals. Try this one.

o

Jackals, thank you for the information. It's good to hear that the MA hoods are reliable! Although I want my kitchen to look nice, it is a "working kitchen", not some magazine showcase spread. Reliability, dependability is critical.

o

Thanks for the correction mojavean - little typo on my part - these stubby fingers - only two know how to type, sometimes miss a letter - he, he.

o

I found out today that my local dealer does sell Modern Aire also. I was considering either VAH or Kobe but now liking for the PS 1010. is the 600 cfm with baffles quiet compared to my other choices and do baffles lower the true amount of cfm? And if so, how much?

o

Hey Jackals..
If you are the Canada modern aire dealer get in touch with me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here