Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelledt

Dodge - Quick Question for U

MichelleDT
12 years ago

Dodge,

I know you love your Elux speed oven. With the turn table, can you put a 9x13 casserole dish in it? Say a pan of lasagna or does the turn table make that impossible?

Thanks.

M

Comments (13)

• dodge59
    12 years ago

I will check for ya and get back. If you are not nuking or speed cooking, then you dont need the turntable, but if you are , then you need it, as unlike the miele, it does not have the "fancy interior" to deflect the rays, "A La Miele".

Gary

• dodge59
    12 years ago

OK I have a 10 x 13 x 6 inch casserole dish. I was able to set in on the turntable and it rotated around just fine, should I have wanted to nuke or speed cook in it.

The limiting factor here , would be the height, which with the turntable out is just about 9 inches high, with the turntable in, it is about 8.5 inches as the turntable is recessed.

Gary

• mojavean
    12 years ago

Gary and Michelle,
    The Miele has a motorized deflector that rotates about once a second up at the waveguide aperture in the ceiling of the oven. When the magnetron is energized, the deflector turns on and "guides" the beam around and around the cavity.

You can watch the beam move when a large casserole is placed in the oven. It works as well as a turntable.

And Gary, I doubt you are going to get a 9X13 to spin in the Electrolux. A 9X13 is 15.8 in measured corner to corner. That won't clear the 13.5" fore to aft dimension, unless I am missing something, always a possibility.

• mojavean
    12 years ago

Whoops. Well we posted at the same time I think Gary. Maybe your oven is deeper than 13.5"??

• dodge59
    12 years ago

yea I will meassure if for ya Monavean, but I did measure the largest bowl I had, it was 13 x 10 x 5 inches tall and as I posted it rotated around, without hitting anything, Now not being the talented chef you and Michelle are, that could very well be a mixing bowl and not a "Casserole Dish" per say, but it was the biggest thing I had!

The Eux is 14 inches deep.

Gary

• mojavean
    12 years ago

Now that you mention it, I may be confused as well, but this is what I thought Michelle was talking about.

If that is what you got to spin then I am missing something because I do not see how the corners would clear 14". But it is a fun mystery!
    Cheers,
    Scott

• MichelleDT
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks GMen....I am taking about the square casserole dish like Mojavean posted. Sounds like it won't fit in the Elux but will in the MIele Speed oven.

Right?

• dodge59
    12 years ago

I believe the Elux is deeper than the Miele, the Elux is 14 " deep, maybe Mojavean can tell us how deep the Miele is?

The Advantium has the biggest interior.

Gary

• chac_mool
    12 years ago

My Miele speed oven (#4082BM) is 15.5" deep, 18" wide, and just under 8" high (leaving little room for clearance of the upper element). A half-sheet pan pan fits inside.

I'm guessing Majavean's is about the same size, but he may be able to measure his more accurately.

External width of a 240vAdvantium is 30"; the Miele is 24" wide. (So I hope it would be bigger, inside as well).

• dodge59
    12 years ago

Thanks for that chac mool, apparently the Miele is deeper.
    The best thing to do is take your casserole dish with you and see how it fits, Michelle.

Gary

• mojavean
    12 years ago

Mine is the same size as chac_mool's. Gary, did the casserole pan I pictured look like the one you used?

• dodge59
    12 years ago

Nope Mojavean, what I had was an oval bowl with built in handles, I measured the distance from the outer edge of the handle on one side to outer side on the other and got a measurement of 13". Unfortunately that was the biggest thing I could find.

I would not think you could speed cook a pan of Lasagna in either the Elux or Miele if said pan is metal, due to the microwaving? So it would have to be glass to speed cook, alto you could bake or convection bake the lasagna in a metal pan.

Gary

• mojavean
    12 years ago

You're right, Gary. I use a pyrex dish like the one above for "speed" mode cookery.