Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vatofl

Rangetop - wolf, blue star, capital

Mora
11 years ago

I have been agonizing over this rangetop decision for quite sometime.
The capital culinarian was near the top of my list until I found out that there is not a single dealer in my area as well as no service centers for it.

So, I went back to the drawing board.
It seems that Wolf as well as blue star can be serviced in my area so I am now investigating these two options.

The Wolf definitely has the better look IMO, and the blue star seems to have the better functionality.

I would love to hear from people that own the new sealed burner rangetops from Wolf.

I am worried that the Wolf sealed burner will not be an upgrade from my current GE profile cooktop with sealed burners. The flames on the GE seem to always want to overshoot the base of my pots and is just a PITA.
Will I have this same problem with the Wolf rangetop?

I just want to make sure that my new rangetop will be an upgrade over the GE in terms of cooking performance and looks.

Thanks

This post was edited by Vatofl on Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 9:25

Comments (3)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

There are no Capital dealers in my area either. I bought my rangetop without ever having laid eyes on one IRL. When you say there are no service centers, do you mean you spoke with Bob at Capital who told you they didn't have anyone who could service it for you?

• Mora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It looks like I can get the capital serviced in Florida.
    I tried calling Capital to find a dealer and was basically told that there is no one in the office to speak to. I then called the distributor and was told to call capital...Customer service seems to be lacking here.
    Has anyone here had any issues contacting capital to buy their product as well as to service it?

• wekick
    11 years ago

"iPosted by Vatofl
    The Wolf definitely has the better look IMO, and the blue star seems to have the better functionality."

Functionality is a relative term. These are three very different burner setups that will appeal to different kinds of cooks.

open vs sealed burners-view videos on cleaning CC and BS there

really high heat on BS and CC
    great simmer with dual stacked burners on Wolf
    there are workarounds for lack on all-go with what you use daily

I would love to hear from people that own the new sealed burner rangetops from Wolf.
    I am worried that the Wolf sealed burner will not be an upgrade from my current GE profile cooktop with sealed burners. The flames on the GE seem to always want to overshoot the base of my pots and is just a PITA.
    Will I have this same problem with the Wolf rangetop?

The sealed burners are not new but have been in use for many years. I have had them on my Wolf DF range for 5 years. I regularly make caramel in a 7 inch pan on the regular burners and it is easy to see the pattern of heat and you don't stir it. The sugar begins to color towards the outside but it quickly moves toward the middle. If I need to use a smaller pan I use the smaller burner. What size pans do you use? What kind of cooking do you do? Heat transfers rapidly to the center of a pan and it more difficult to transfer to the outside. This means more if you cook with cast iron or thin pans. If you use pans made of aluminum or copper in sufficient amounts the location of the flame isn't that important because they conduct the heat.

I just want to make sure that my new rangetop will be an upgrade over the GE in terms of cooking performance and looks.

What is the BTU rating on your current burners? You need to know the low and high end of BTU ratings to make a comparison.

Wolf is noted for their service. If you buy the Culinarian, I would get it from Trevor Lawson(Eurostoves) as he seems to take care of his customers and even some that have come on this forum with service issues from Capital and he has helped them.

Seeing is believing! The picture is a 10 inch(across the top) skillet on full throttle on the Wolf sealed regular burner. You can see how much flare for yourself.