Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung Dishwasher

Posted by greenhousems (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 11, 12 at 8:59

If you have one... do you love it... or regret having it?

I am considering purchasing one this weekend if I find a deal...

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Rosaleen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung Dishwasher

I ordered the 800 model. I also posted and got no response so I don't know if anyone has one. There was a prior post by Crus? on another thread, but again no response.

The reason I ordered it is I liked the storm wash feature. Also how the top rack moved up and down easily. Apparently you can take out the top and put a sprayer on the back for tall items. I am wanting to wash my HVAC filters, so that is something I was looking for. I also needed a delicate cycle for my china.

One thing I noted is the tines are longer than on the Bosch. I don't know if this is going to be a problem or not. Also the rack material isn't as thick as my current dishwasher.

Downside is by reading everything the clean light kicks off after 10 minutes. I don't know if this is really going to be annoying or not. The current one stays on till you open the door.

I also looked at the Bosch. The Bosch are rated quieter, but in order to get that reduction in noise, the inside is smaller. I didn't want to clean the filter on any dishwasher.

I also tried to look at the Electrolux. However I could not find anyone who had a model on the floor. Wonder if they are having such issues they have pulled their dishwashers?

o

I am also considering this, too. Our local Sears has 15% off today on appliances.

o

Thanks for the replies... I noticed appliance prices are dropping... Just bought an Electrolux double wall convection for $500 less than the standard pricing.

o

We have a Samsung front load washer and it is only so so. I worry because the Korean machines are kind of like the Hyundai cars. Junk when they first came out, but they were eager learners and every year got better. Unfortunately they must sell the junk to survive while they learn. Ultmately, if they keep going they will be one of the best, but for now i am not so sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here